Origin Cloud Sync deleted saved game data in Dragon Age Inquisition.

by thehumble01

Original Post

Re: Origin Cloud Sync deleted saved game data in Dragon Age Inquisition.

★★★ Novice

Did you ever get this resolved? This just happened to me. I lost a month's worth of time. I had finished trespasser on one character, it put him back to before Adamant. Completely erased another character I had started a few days ago. I've tried every solution here. It can't get that time back. 

Message 61 of 99 (1,387 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Less than others, and issue with DA2, not Inquisition, but about 10 hours just wiped out from my saves. Nothing changed. Saved yesterday. Shut down. Open today, latest save is from 2 days ago. Thanks for nothing. Will be using drop box to back up my saves going forward.

Message 62 of 99 (1,338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@merribelas wrote:

// EDIT:

I actually managed to retrieve my save files! In Origin i rightclicked Dragon Age: Inquisition and chose "View Game Details". There, next to "Details" there's a tab that says "Cloud Storage". There's an option "Restore Save". I pressed it and somehow managed to get my lost save files back.

I don't know if this works with everyone, but it certainly helped me..

Thank you Thank you Thank you! This worked for me!

Message 63 of 99 (1,330 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I see there are 7 pages and I am too lazy to read through all the replies - my origin has the latest update on PC and I keep getting the sync error message almost immediately when I click to play my fifa 15.

I tried the advice from the first page but my origin doesn't seem to have those options - this is really irritating - you spend all this money on the game and you have such stupid issues.

Does anyone have this type of problem with origing Version 9.11.6.18139 - 411355

Message 64 of 99 (1,322 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My issue is with Bejeweled 3. Lost all of my progress including my game name. I was at level 301, and now at 0. This is intolerable. I am thinking of dumping Origin all together because of this.

Message 65 of 99 (1,274 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately, the cloud storage wasn't working properly since I've got the game, consequently I started to save all games locally, now that origin conflict occurred and erased all my local saved games. Is there any chances to get those saved games back, because I really did a lot in the career mode.

@Mordus808 wrote:

Did you try to restore last saved game? Origin>My Games>DAI>Cloud Storage tab

Yes, I did but for no reason at all. Last saved game on the cloud storage was the time I got the game. Only for once. I need the locally saved games.

Message 66 of 99 (1,186 Views)

Community Manager

@E983-78B8-7TTJ Hi there,

You would need to look into getting a program that can recover data on your hard drive. This way, the program might be able to restore the file that contains your save game.

Unfortunately there isn't much we can recommend at this stage to help otherwise. You had already tried with the cloud save, and it has unfortunately not been successful.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 67 of 99 (1,174 Views)

★ Novice

The option: 'Restore Save' is unclickable for me, do you know how to make it clickable?

Message 68 of 99 (1,147 Views)

Community Manager

@jjccool Hi again,

If you had not enabled Cloud Saves yet, please do: https://www.origin.com/en-ie/how-to/cloud-storage

You can then see whether the recovery option becomes available.

However, this may not restore your old save game, if cloud save had not already been activated in the past.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 69 of 99 (1,118 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@merribelas wrote:

// EDIT:

I actually managed to retrieve my save files! In Origin i rightclicked Dragon Age: Inquisition and chose "View Game Details". There, next to "Details" there's a tab that says "Cloud Storage". There's an option "Restore Save". I pressed it and somehow managed to get my lost save files back.

I don't know if this works with everyone, but it certainly helped me..

You are a life-saver. I just finished mirrors edge catalyst and for some reason ended up on a save from near beginning of the game and did what you said to but of course with mirrors edge. THANK YOU

Message 70 of 99 (1,103 Views)