Origin Cloud Sync deleted saved game data in Dragon Age Inquisition.

by thehumble01

Original Post

Re: Origin Cloud Sync deleted saved game data in Dragon Age Inquisition.

★ Novice

You're a lifesaver, thank you! This worked for me!!

Message 51 of 99 (3,554 Views)

★ Novice

My laptop doesn't have folders like that: C>Programfiles(x86)>Origin (Origin has two separate folders not sub-folder) then I have to choose Origin Games there's no "my games" like yours, have to go user folder then Appdata>roaming>Origin>Cloud Saves. So at this point I copied saved game files to this directory. But still

doesn't work????

Message 52 of 99 (3,549 Views)

★ Novice
Recently I reinstalled my Windows and with it Origin and Dragon Age Inquisition. Once I opened the game I saw that I can't continue my game. Have played 146h and its all gone. Checked that cloud storage, it's empty. Before the reinstallment i had origin bugging me about cloud saves not matching my saves on the pc. So that sais that cloud storage was on , but now I can't get it transfer any saves because it empty. So does that mean my saves are gone for good?
Message 53 of 99 (3,495 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try about 270 hours, all gone. Including 2 fully finished characters (including all DLCs) and one halfway through.

I'm ready to cry. I got "rolled back" to a year ago, pretty much exactly, actually.

I was half tempted to uninstall Origin and be done with it. I'm completely frustrated. And hearing "we're sorry, we can't help you at all. you'll have to live with it" doesn't really make it better...

If that problem has persisted for this long and it's still happening... really now, Origin... could you PLEASE do something that this can't happen again? Or perhaps a safety copy somewhere we can roll-back to if necessary?

Damn, really... I'll go cry a bit. I'm frustrated to hell.

Message 54 of 99 (3,454 Views)

★★ Novice

To all of you: Try paying attention. Origin saves your progress in the cloud, so if you lose internet connection, it won't be able to save in the cloud and stores lokal. When this message pops up, there is a date! for each options. Take the lastest date (probably the lokal one)

Message 55 of 99 (3,444 Views)

★★ Novice

I just want to know how origin can show  I have 461 hours played the keep shows all my acheve but when I run the game it has no load option?

Message 56 of 99 (3,442 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That's all fine... but in my case when trying to sync to the cloud (that had more recent saves that I wanted to update locally) origin crashed and hosed up the local files.  It apparently now is in some sort of broken state where neither computer I have the game on has any save files, trying to use the "cloud saves" doesn't work, and theres used cloud storage I cannot access.

The Cloud save feature is garbage... its poorly conceived, flawed in its execution and not easier than just copying files to a usb key in the least.

Message 57 of 99 (3,426 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

To Shadowsoul223

Do you get an error or something saying that your savegame is corrupted? If you play on computer try this: go to your save folder (by default located in mydocuments/bioware[or origingames]/dragonageinquisition/saves). order them by date and delete the current .DAS file (if you feel unsure about this, I recommand to save it to your desktop). Try running the game again. You might have a lil loss, since this is the latest save you made. But there is a known issue with broken savegames, so origins can't read it and is not able to skip the corrupted savegame to load the next. If you delete it, origin can load without problem. if this is the problem. eitherway you have nothing to lose, try it out, and let me know if it worked

Message 58 of 99 (3,415 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@saltisalt wrote:

Not only did my 20 hours of game play get deleted, it uploaded a new character to my list. A male human named Orc. Anyone missing a male named Orc - I got one.

UPDATE: I got my saves back. Went into Origins,

• R.click game box: View Game Details
  • L.click Cloud Storage tab
  • L.click: Restore Save - even though the timestamp says the most recent save was from this morning, after I had already opened up the game and made angry faces
  • I left the cloud sync checkbox on thinking it might force the game to do a sync check
  • It did. 
  • There were several open windows for Origins, one of which prompted me to select which game data store I wanted to use, which included local data from the night before, it had the proper timestamp of my last save, not the timestamp shown in the View Game Details window.
  • Hold breath, load game, boom there she is in all her glory.
  • alt-tab out, type this up, providing hope I can only hope
  • Uncheck the cloud save feature and get back to doing the dishes now that I'm out of game play time for the morning.

Also note, this is not an isolated issue with DAI. I saw a number of posts regarding this with ME3. 

This worked for me. Thank you. I was ready to rage after I've sent a ticket to Origin and restarted my game a couple of times. I did the steps you mentioned and my last saved game loaded for me. It's a good thing I checked forums after looking at a bleak future with my Nightmare Achievement un-achieved and potentially starting from scratch again. 

Spoiler
I'm more than halfway through the game on nightmare mode and already killed 6 high dragons so I would be crying til Christmas if I couldn't solve this.

I save too every single time I exit so this came as quite a shock to me. To revert back to your first character when you're more than halfway through your third one...

So, thank you. Standard smile

Message 59 of 99 (3,392 Views)

★★★ Novice

After exiting for a few hours, I just went back in to find that all saves were gone. I followed the suggestions here, to reload the save and turn off cloud save. I got back some of my save data but it was from about 23 days ago. I lost a new character and the end saves for another.

Is there anyway I can get that data back? I have no idea how to find it. It's not in my DA:I saves folder. 

Message 60 of 99 (3,381 Views)