Origin Cloud Sync deleted saved game data in Dragon Age Inquisition.

by thehumble01

Original Post

Re: Origin Cloud Sync deleted saved game data in Dragon Age Inquisition.

★★★ Newbie

I lost over 90 hours of game play! The save files are missing and trying to restore from the cloud doesnt work!

Message 21 of 99 (3,915 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Nothing works.It seems as if my data is completely gone. I don't want anything to do with this game or even Origin.*Edit* I see a save game from last night, but it won't sync.It's the local option

Message 22 of 99 (3,864 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Lost 73 hours of gametime and the restore thing did not work... fml

Message 23 of 99 (3,833 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I just lost over 60 h of playing and I want Origin to fix this. I just want my saves back  Confusedmileysad: I don't think I will start all over again after all this way and, certainly, I will not buy another Origin game from now on. Very disappointed and frustrated.

Message 24 of 99 (3,801 Views)

★ Novice

I've managed to get the saves back. It was very simple and solved the problem for me.

1. Check if you have some save files in My documents\ Bioware\Dragon Age Inquisition\Save

If you have them get to step 2

2. Enter the game and hit LOAD--- it will say something with corupt file ..... bla bla bla

3. Choose SWITCH CHARACTERS and then  your character----- after that the saves related to this character will come up

Message 25 of 99 (3,790 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you. I Had lost over 60 hours and nothing else seemed to work. You just saved my day.

Message 26 of 99 (3,778 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Got on to play this morning, it asked me if I wanted to sync with the cloud because it did not sync last night when I finished playing.  I chose to go with the local data and it suggested I make sure that my cloud stoarge was turned on so I did and it also said to restore my save so I did that as well.  I have now lost over 131 hours on my only character and I am very frustrated about this.  I had an internet connection last night so I do not know why I was unable to sync then but now it has restored me to Dec 28 but with no game to load.  I was playing and should have saves at that time but no luck, any more ideas?  I've everything on this forum and nothing has helped yet.

Message 27 of 99 (3,706 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Talked to EA and they said that my data is gone forever and they wish they had a better answer for me but they are not able to retrieve it for me.  No more cloud saves for me.

Message 28 of 99 (3,690 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is terrible.. Just lost about 15 hours as well on Xbox. The biggest problem with syncing is I have no idea when it's actually uploading. I played several hours today and not once while I was on it did it upload the saves.
Message 29 of 99 (3,599 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys, just had this issue.  My brother came to visit me and signed in on his own Origin account to pay Dragon Age.  Little did he realise (nor I for that matter) that you could overwrite a different Origin account's local save game.  Not very smart EA.

Anyway, we were able to resolve the issue by using Window's built in backup system (which runs as default).

1. Go to: C:\Users\Your Username Here\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age Inquisition
  2. Make a copy of the folder "Save", just incase you need to keep that data
  3. Right click on the folder "Save"
  4. Select "Restore Previous Versions"

With any luck your old saves will be there.  Obviously this won't work for anything else but Windows, and definitely won't work if you've disabled that feature. But that just saved me 60 hours of gameplay.

Good luck to you all.

If there are any moderators listening, it is ridiculous to have multiple Origin accounts using the same Windows user account folder for saves.  What is the point of having cloud saves if it means you can overwrite someone else's local data.  Think about it for a second.

Message 30 of 99 (3,561 Views)