Origin Cloud Sync deleted saved game data in Dragon Age Inquisition.

by thehumble01

Original Post

Re: Origin Cloud Sync deleted saved game data in Dragon Age Inquisition.

★ Novice

Awesome man, i did what you did and it worked and saved me about 8 hours of replaying the same stuff over again. thanks alot for the help

Message 11 of 99 (7,475 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Alright so I really need help. I recently wiped my computer and re-installed windows. Although i did backup my origin games and some other stuff. But when i go to play DAI all my saves are completely gone! None of the things that i've seen on this forum have helped me so far, the restore could save button is greyed out for me and I dont know what to do, please help.

Message 12 of 99 (7,274 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OMG Thank you.   This happend to me last night and I put a ticket in.   After reading your post, I was able to recover my saved games.

Thank you for the post.  I was about to cry!

Message 13 of 99 (6,978 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Really, they should just save to BOTH cloud and local storage and simply take the most recent save date for individual characters INSTEAD of overwritting EVERY SINGLE character you made. Also, why can't origin have the option for duplicates like "name" character and "name2" character like most file managers do? I would much rather spend a few minutes sorting out some excess saves rather than losing days worth of gaming.

Message 14 of 99 (6,881 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just lost 30+ hours of gameplay. NOT impressed. This is the last time I trust the Origin cloud. I tried the restore saves fix with no luck. Ill check back to see if any other fixes have been suggested.

Message 15 of 99 (6,852 Views)

★★ Novice

just lost 15 hours of gameplay. Origins has always been a flawed system, and this is proof that it isn't getting any better. 

Message 16 of 99 (6,728 Views)

★ Novice
Did you try. When loading the game, the lower option? Becuase his way didn't work for me. However when I opened the game the were two options for me to retrieve my save from, and the upper option took me to the one where I lost my gameplay and the lower option loaded all my game play
Message 17 of 99 (6,708 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

that button deleted my latest data too :P

Message 18 of 99 (6,532 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@shhssdm wrote:

Yea, I'm having exactly the same problem. I don't know what brilliant guy implemented that function in the Origin, but anyway it erased all my lastest save files. I don't think I can get those files back.

that button deleted my latest data too :P

Message 19 of 99 (6,531 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I lost 13 hours of gameplay due to this issue

Message 20 of 99 (6,386 Views)