Re: Origin Cloud Storge continually turns itself back on

by Hrungr

Original Post

Origin Cloud Storge continually turns itself back on

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This is an issue that's been raised many times over the years, but has never been addressed. I remember first time I brought it up here was when Dragon Age: Inquisition launched, so the issue's been around for at least that long.

The Cloud Storage Saves setting continually turns itself back on. I'm not sure what triggers turning itself back on, but it's something I have to check every time I launch the application (sometimes it sticks for a few days, but inevitably it turns itself back on). Cloud storage is known to be problematic, so I like to keep everything local. I'm assuming since it's never been addressed for a reason? Data Harvesting?

C'mon Origin Support, it's been years.

Message 1 of 4 (329 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Hrungr, do you get the same behaviour after clearing Origin cache and then save the setting that Origin Cloud is turned of?

/Atic

Message 2 of 4 (303 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_Atic,

I just tried it, and it didn't work. After clearing the cache and rebooting, I turned off Cloud Storage, then quit Origin. The next time I started Origin, it had turned itself back on. I seem to recall someone suggesting doing this before when I raised this issue, and it didn't work then either. I've also reinstalled Origin many times over the years, and this has been an issue across multiple computers as well.

Message 3 of 4 (295 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue myself, and that's driving me crazy!!! No help from the dev either. So at this point it must be a voluntary malfunction that they don't want to patch for obscure (probably money related) reasons.

Message 4 of 4 (260 Views)