Re: Origin Client wont work anymore

by sweetpoison0011

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Darko,

I’m afraid neither of those options made a difference - I get exactly the same result. Is there anything else I can do to diagnose the problem further?

Thanks,

Matt

Message 11 of 15 (379 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Had same problem (describes on first post) after update and solved by using "sign out" and sign in again.

Message 12 of 15 (370 Views)

★★★ Novice

I can’t even reinstall Origin as the installer has exactly the same problem. 

Message 13 of 15 (362 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Darko It's like i have written before, that i have ALREADY done this and i have done this again without a solution. Is there a Logfile anywhere? Or maybe a programer who can fix the problem if a LOT of people have this issue? Maybe a diagnostic tool? And yes, i am pissed off!

And again, maybe you read the post this time before you answer the default useless standart boilerplade:
"WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(114)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale"
THATS in a log file called "Debug.log".

Message 14 of 15 (302 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok, may have found the issue here - I'd tried everything to get this working, all the instructions on the forums so far, but nothing was working. What I've finally done is change my monitor and for some reason it's started working, which makes me think it was an issue with the original monitor (some no-name second hand jobby) not reporting itself to the graphics card properly and the GPU therefore not enabling certain display features (not sure what those features would be - hardware acceleration? DirectX?). I've plugged a borrowed Dell monitor in and it's now working as expected. This would also make sense with some of the other tests I did such as trying Remote Desktop to see if I could see it from another machine, which was also failing before but which now also works. Just thought I'd let people know in case anyone else is having the same issues still. (You could probably get a dummy display adapter for a few bucks and see if it starts working through something like Chrome Remote Desktop if you wanted to test, rather than shell out for an expensive monitor replacement.)

Message 15 of 15 (272 Views)