Re: Origin Client freezing when launching Apex Legends

by jdmplz

Original Post

Origin Client freezing when launching Apex Legends

★★ Apprentice

Hi

this only happens with Apex Legends and with ingame overlay on. never happen on BF1 and BF5 and the funny thing is that its still happening after i just did a clean install of the whole PC( fresh windows 10 1903 + drivers + programs + games).

My Specs:

GPU RTX 2080ti

CPU i9 9900k

SSD: 960 EVO Bootdrive (Origin is on) + 970 EVO (Games are on)

Yes origin is on a SSD (M.2) and yes i have done the clear cache thing over 10 times, no dice.

ofcourse there is no error code so i cant link to anything

i can play apex while its frozen tho i just cant join friends or invite, i have to shutdown the game and force shutdown origin and reboot origin + apex to join/invite friends

send help please

Message 1 of 3 (221 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @jdmplz sorry to see that you are having issues.

From your post I'm assuming that you do not see the issue when you have the Origin overlay turned off.

Let's start by grabbing a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Do you have any other overlay such as Discord running? If so can you try disabling them and then trying the game again.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (189 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_Darko

Correct it only happens with the origin overlay enabled and i do not use any overlays other than origin at this time, only reason i use it is so i can accept/invite friends and like i said this only happens in Apex legends.

this did also happen on my old specs, GTX 1080, i7 8700k. it started around the big apex season 2 patch. like i mentioned earlier i persisted through a windows 10 clean install so it has to be an issue with origin itself but i cant find anyone else with this issue so im lost.

DxDiag is attached like you requested.

Message 3 of 3 (183 Views)