Origin Client Wont Load Anything

by Megan6567

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Client Wont Load Anything

★★ Newbie

When I open my origin client its all white like its loading up but it just gets stuck there. no matter how long I leave it to "load" it never loads anything and I cant click or use anything. Help?

Message 1 of 14 (1,392 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Client Wont Load Anything

Community Manager

Clearing the Origin cache will fix your problem in no time @Godly12.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

For anyone else with the same issue please try clearing the Origin cache, if your issue is something else then please let me know with as much info as possible.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 14 (1,169 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

What exactly happens @Megan6567?

Does it launch at all or does nothing happen?

The more info we have the better we can help you. Can you grab a screenshot of how it looks when the issue occurs?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 14 (1,363 Views)

★★★ Newbie
it is happening to me too
Message 3 of 14 (1,339 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

mine is doing this as well and I just reopened a ticket for it that I had closed the other day. I included a screen shot and very detailed explanation on whats going on. I just tried to get with Tech Support through chat but my session timed out before the thing was sent through. It said there was a 22 minute wait as well so I do not know if it went through or not becuase of the message. But the launcher is just hanging up and wont load the main screen or any other secrren for that matter. I will upload the screenshot here for you to view.

Message 4 of 14 (1,330 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Screenshot of frozen Origin client

I'm getting the same problem and it's immensely frustrating. I can get Apex started from taskbar but can't add any of my friends to play with.

Message 5 of 14 (1,328 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Happened to me I bought a Sims 4 pack for $50 and cant download it. Wasted my money I need help fixing it. 

Message 6 of 14 (1,255 Views)

Community Manager

Clearing the Origin cache will fix your problem in no time @Godly12.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

For anyone else with the same issue please try clearing the Origin cache, if your issue is something else then please let me know with as much info as possible.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 14 (1,170 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i tried what you said and it still wont load so i cant update apex or play anything 

Message 8 of 14 (1,133 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I was trying to purchase Sims 4 seasons while its on sale, but while putting in credit card information i either clicked out of it or it crashed. Origin then said it was trying to update i exited out that to do something else but then thought "oh then it wont install" so i clicked nevermind. nothing happened for a while of clicking then it crashed. Now when i try to open it it opens the window for signing in but doesnt load. i have tried clearing the cache to no avail

Message 9 of 14 (1,030 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been getting this dreaded error message for weeks now on multiple PCs. While I've managed to fix this issue with reinstalling in the past, this time I'm really out of options. I have tried every solution mentioned on the forums, reinstalling, deleting appdata/programdata, flushing dns, resetting hosts file, clearing browser cache, clean boot, disabling firewall, running as admin... but nothing is working this time. I used to be able to run games directly while Origin was stuck on that error page, but now the games won't even run.

Message 10 of 14 (1,020 Views)