Origin Client - Restricted Access Mode

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Origin Client - Restricted Access Mode

★ Novice

This worked for me! Just uncheck both the Origin programs and then you can use the client.

Message 11 of 19 (1,262 Views)

★ Novice

I have restricted access mode turned off, but it is registering as on when looking at the Origin In-Game menu. This seems to be preventing chat and party invites from working properly. I have tried turning restricted access mode on and off, but it does not seem to affect or allow changes on the Origin In-Game menu.  @Straatford87 

Message 12 of 19 (993 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Howser809 

Hey there,

That is strange one. As Restricted Access Mode is turned off by default, just want to check a few things with you:

• Did you turn this on at some point?
  • Can you try running Origin as administrator?

Last resort: try completely uninstalling and reinstalling Origin, or clearing the Origin cache.

Let me know if that helps!

Message 13 of 19 (981 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi @Straatford87,

I've got the same issue. I can't accept party invites within Apex Legends. Origin In-Game is enabled in the game settings and in the Origin Launcher. I have tried running Origin as administrator and have even cleared the cache. Have never turned on Restricted Access Mode.

Any other ideas? I don't really want to uninstall and reinstall but can do if needed.

Many thanks.

Message 14 of 19 (955 Views)

★ Novice

I have come to the conclusion that not being able to invite anyone accept friends is part of the problem with the restricted access in some way! I am logged in as administrator, I clicked origin file properties and ran origin in compatibility mode with administrator privileges, right clicked on it and chose to run as administrator, literally 3 ways to run it as administrator in one click and it still tells me I have to be admin or run it as admin! I did all this after killing the process with task manager, then trying to run as admin to no avail.

Message 15 of 19 (923 Views)

★ Novice

just noticed I have beta version and have problems with restricted access and cant invite anyone but friends

Message 16 of 19 (923 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my restricted access is turned off but i cant change settings with a icon saying it is on

Message 17 of 19 (831 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@killerheman Hey so if I do that will I be able to download packs for sims 4 - running it as administrator because I am? I be been looking for a solution all day. I’m stuck in restricted access.
Message 18 of 19 (699 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Magita91 Yes and sorry for the late reply Standard smile If you face any issue in any EA game you can tag me now I am active here.
Message 19 of 19 (273 Views)