Origin Client Refuses to Load

by Synastasia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Client Refuses to Load

★★ Novice

So I've been having an issue where the Origin client won't load in. It's, as you can see, just faintly glowing grey/white boxes. I've searched the question and found where the way to "solve" the issue is typically clearing the Origin caches - but I did that and it still doesn't work. I'm at a bit of a loss when it comes to fixing this now. Is there another thing to attempt aside from the caches? 

Message 1 of 6 (461 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Client Refuses to Load

Community Manager

Hey all, if you Origin looks like the Origin in the attached image in the opening post then clearing the Origin Cache should fix the issue for you. If you have not cleared the Origin Cache, or you have and the issue remains then can I ask you to take a couple of minutes to clear that Origin Cache following the steps below exactly.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (356 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice
The same thing happened to me too. Try logging out then back in. It .worked for me.
Message 2 of 6 (437 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hit Win + R, type in %ProgramData%. Find the Origin folder. Be sure to terminate all the origin processes that are running in the background. Delete everything in that Program Data/Origin folder, except for LocalContent folder. Then hit win + R again, type %AppData%, hit enter. You should be in the Roaming folder. Delete the Origin folder there, then go to the parent folder of App Data, and go to Local. Delete the Origin folder there as well. Start Origin now. Everything should be fine now, worked for me Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (428 Views)

★★★ Novice

ugh i did not see you tried clearing the caches. i don't know then, but hoping that someone will solve this, because i have a feeling this isn't the last time i had an issue like that!

Message 4 of 6 (427 Views)

Message 5 of 6 (391 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, if you Origin looks like the Origin in the attached image in the opening post then clearing the Origin Cache should fix the issue for you. If you have not cleared the Origin Cache, or you have and the issue remains then can I ask you to take a couple of minutes to clear that Origin Cache following the steps below exactly.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (357 Views)