Origin Client Not Loading

by Ca1iso

Original Post

Re: MAC - Origin not Loading

Community Manager

Hey @jessborg428 sorry to see that you are having issues with Origin, the good news is that generally the screen you are showing points to an issue that can be fixed by clearing the Origin cache.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Open your local hard drive.
      • Macs have two library folders: a root level folder and a user level library folder (~). Follow the root level folder.
    2. Open the Library folder.
    3. You can either use the keys Command ⌘ + Shift + G or use Finder > Go > Go to Folder.
    4. Open the Application Support folder, then open the Origin folder.
    5. Delete the DownloadCache folder.
    6. Empty your Trash.

Let me know if it works.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 861 of 1,482 (19,258 Views)

Origin Client Not Loading

★★★★ Novice

When I log in it just goes to a blank white page. No games, no ability to select anything on the left hand side. I have refreshed the page, logged in and logged out, restarted, cleared cache files and it still won't work. It does this from time to time but usually resolves itself. This has happened since the last Origin update. Any help would be appreciated. I have filed a ticket but nothing has come of it. I have attached a copy of what I see. 

Message 862 of 1,482 (33,575 Views)

Re: Origin Client Not Loading

Community Manager

@Ca1iso

Please perform a clean boot before starting Origin: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Try starting Origin by right clicking the desktop icon and then 'Run as an Administrator.

Let us know how this goes, thanks.

barry.png
Message 863 of 1,482 (33,493 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry this took so long to get back to. I tried the clean boot and then ran as administrator and it still gives me the same thing. 

Message 864 of 1,482 (33,466 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Ca1iso, can you try clearing the Origin cache as it can help when you see the issue you are currently seeing.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Let me know how you get on.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 865 of 1,482 (33,435 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you! The clearing of the cache worked. I appreciate both of your input! 

Message 866 of 1,482 (33,407 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Ca1iso, great to hear, enjoy your games.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 867 of 1,482 (33,383 Views)

Origin Client Blank

★★★★ Novice

When I open Origin, I can log in but the client itself is gray and white; no icons, just gray boxes, and tab entires on the side are grayed out. I am able to interact with the menu buttons up top but they do not function as I cannot enter a product code, view my game library, or access anything else. 

I've been having this problem for well over a year. Origin updates whenever it is available and it persists. For a brief time it stopped and I'm really not sure why, and it was great because I could actually download one of my purchased games, something I haven't been able to do in a very long time. But then, without warning, it came back. I'd love to repair my games, or even download them to play them but it isn't possible.

Origin is updated to it's newest version. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Origin.

I have run it in Admin mode.

I have made sure it's clear in my firewall.

I have deleted my cache following the guide on this website.

I'd really like to be able to get the new Sims expansion but at this point, I don't even think I could install it if I did.

Message 868 of 1,482 (20,154 Views)

Re: Origin Client Blank

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Kupo114

I'm really sorry to hear about your problem with our Origin app Frown

I'd suggest to reinstall VC++ libraries if you haven't done it already. Can I also ask what operating system do you have?

/Ataashi

Message 869 of 1,482 (17,624 Views)

Re: Origin Client Blank

★★★★ Novice

I am running Windows 10.

I did find I was behind on Windows updates and went ahead and downloaded and installed them but the Origin client problem persists with Windows completely up to date. Games will launch just fine once I have them installed (launching via the game's executable or desktop shortcut) and I have not encountered an Errors with the Origin client, .dll or otherwise. 

Message 870 of 1,482 (17,608 Views)