Re: [HOW TO] Backup/restore any Origin game WITHOUT downloading

★ Novice

Awesome, this was super easy to do! Thanks :D

Message 411 of 462 (1,229 Views)

Re: How to locate a game that's already installed

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Okaay its a bit confusing at start but its ez 

first if you already moved your game files to the new folder and it didnt work cut them and put them out to another safekeeping folder and then completly stop the download dont pause it but stop it and it will say it will delete all of the downloaded files but dont worry you moved them all out.

After that start the download again in your folder that you want the game to be in and wait for it to atleast downloads about 50-60 mb and then pause it and fully close origin.

Then go to your original game files or the full game and copy or cut it to the folder that you want your game to be in open up origin again and it will say resuming the download for about 5 to 10 minutes and then it will say finishing and thats it.

I hope this helped for me it worked just now with my bf5 good luck.

Message 412 of 462 (1,237 Views)

Re: Origin - Moving Games to Another Hard Drive or System

★★ Novice

I've tried all the steps but it's quite impossibile to get my Battlefield 1 - Mass Effect: Andromeda - Mass Effect 3 - Battlefront 2  working. It's always star to download: sometime it starts from 20% sometimes from 60% or sometimes it freeze on a resuming dowload...

I've installed, cleaned, reinstalled and re-cleaned the windows registry a lot of time but the Origin clients  has never found any game: my Origin Games folder is 211 Gbytes and I really DO NOT want to download them again. 

Message 413 of 462 (1,150 Views)

★★★ Newbie
ok so I bought the sims 4 cats and dogs on the wrong profile and I want to transfer it into my new origin account that I do use how do I do that
Message 414 of 462 (1,089 Views)

Re: Reinstalled Windows, now Origin doesn't recognize my installed games

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

OKAY THIS IS LEGEND! upvote FTW!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

- copy your game folders on your drive to a seperate directory.

(don't copy to another disc, just change directory, it's much quicker)

- Open and login to your Origin client.

- Start all downloads and pause a download when a few Kb's have been received

- When all downloads are paused, exit Origin.

- Copy all game folders back to the Origin location and overwrite existing files.

- Open and login to your Origin client

- Resume all downloads

Origin will "download" all games but actually just performs a files check and will only

download missing files. After checking files the game(s) will be installed.

LEGEND!

Message 415 of 462 (1,085 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey,

On December 3rd I've been chatting with Sanyog B. via the 24/7 support and asked this very question.

I've been told "I really thank you for such genuine feedback and I am forwarding it to our Studio team for development"

I've checked today for results and GUESS WHAT...

The Origin client  now have a "Locate" option when you right click a game in your library.

So thank you very much Sanyog for actually forwarding that issue & thank you to the Studio team too for doing something about it.

Message 416 of 462 (1,036 Views)

Re: Reinstalled Windows, now Origin doesn't recognize my installed games

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have been using an app called Steammover (Google it) to move files between my spinning drive and gaming SSD. It moves the files to the SSD and makes junction links to the files, Origin/the game thinks it sits under my D:\Games\Origin\... folder while it is actually on my S:\Games\... folder. I have done this successfully on numerous occasions and have the current games I am playing on the SSD.

The app needs a bit of knowledge about how directories/folders work and require a lot of browsing in the app to get the right source/destination folders.

Would EA mind building it into the Origin to support moving games/files like the Steam client does?

I am on the prowl to get an app that can dynamically or more easily move files around.

Edit, if allowed, here is a LifeHack article on SteamMover - https://lifehacker.com/how-to-move-a-pc-game-to-another-hard-drive-without-re-1714706774 

Message 417 of 462 (1,524 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Stuntful the locate game was part of the most recent Origin update, you can cap or uncap your download speeds.

We welcome all feedback and are always happy to pass it on to the Origin team.

Keep an eye on the Origin Patch Notes for details on all updates: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Origin-Patch-Notes/td-p/6355467

Darko

Darko.png
Message 418 of 462 (1,502 Views)

Re: HOW TO ADD A GAME ALREADY INSTALLED

★★★★★ Guide

Origin does that on my downloads frequently but, if I am patient (I go stretch and walk a bit), I come back and see either that it now says "finalizing" or it has finished. Cool

I've fast broadband and a new (gaming) computer, but it still does this some times... usually at peak internet times of day or night. I hope you sorted the issue without too much modifying of your files! Party hat

Message 419 of 462 (1,452 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, so does this also apply to moving the games to a totally new laptop/pc? If I download origin to the new laptop and log in, will all my games be there with all the save progress ect? 

Message 420 of 462 (1,309 Views)