Origin Client - Move / Locate Installed Games

by benyIL1234560

Original Post

Re: Moving My Origin Games To Another Hard Drive

★★★★★ Novice

It work Great if i want to move all games, but if wanna move some games to other disk separatelly ? (for example i dont play BF4 and want to move his to d disk, but all time play BF3 and want have it to my SSD ) ?

think about this possible  Standard smile 

Message 291 of 462 (2,533 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Best_Jaco

You would have to perform these steps separately for each new location you move games to. Once you've verified the games, it doesn't matter on which location they are installed - you can continue launching without problems.

Message 292 of 462 (2,520 Views)

Re: reconnecting origin to a installed game

★★★ Newbie

10000% *, if I don't have the necessary free space on the disk, this is complete madness. I want to move my games to another hard drive. Ultimately I copied all of them, BUT if I try to start the download as mentioned above, it fails. Because the "super-smart" client detected theres not enough space on the disk. How about to implement a PROPER scan function?!   

Message 293 of 462 (41,771 Views)

Re: Can I transfer my origin games to a new computer?

★ Novice

Hello Tom,

I am trying to move my Origin games from my original hard drive to a new solid state drive. I have copied my Origin Games folder to the new drive and changed the game library location in my Origin account, but I do not see a "download" button for the games. I have attached an image of what it looks like when I click on a game in My Game Library when looking for the download button. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Darren

Message 294 of 462 (2,435 Views)

EA DICE Team

@narfious

Hi Darren,

The download button should be where the Play button is now. What happens if you instead click on Play?

Message 295 of 462 (2,437 Views)

★ Novice

Hi Tom,

When I hit played Mass Effect Andromeda launched. Does that mean it is saved on my new drive? Thanks!

Sincerely,

Darren

Message 296 of 462 (2,638 Views)

EA DICE Team

@narfious

Hi Darren,

Glad to hear that the game launched!

The game is now on your new drive. The save games however, will most likely still be in your Documents folder, which might be on the old disc. You can double-check in that folder to see if your games are saved there.

Kind regards,

Message 297 of 462 (2,612 Views)

Re: [HOW TO] Backup/restore any Origin game WITHOUT downloading

★ Guide

Thanks a lot, that is the only method that really works.

Message 298 of 462 (2,584 Views)

★★★★ Guide

i read much method as that, but i want to ask why doesn't origin make this as a function as modern day, much great game is over 50GB, a hard disk eater, as coming DLC, the final diskspace would over 60GB or ever more in the future, so i really hope origin can make a function for that, may EA forward the issue of EA gamer to "origin" , so making them to take improvement much faster

Message 299 of 462 (2,958 Views)

EA DICE Team

@GVlXxf

Hi,

That is a great question, and good feedback.

We agree that we could make this easier for our players. For that reason, we're investigating options on how we can do that.

Once we have more information to share, we will let players now in our News & Announcements section:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/News-Announcements/bd-p/origin-news-announcements-en

I would also recommend to check out the last updates we highlighted there.

Kind regards,

Message 300 of 462 (2,946 Views)