Re: Origin - Moving Games to Another Hard Drive or System

by Holger1405

Original Post

@winryxoxrockbell

If you use the same account the game will be there ready to download.

If your connection is slow you can use a portable hard drive or a big enough USB-Stick to transfer the games to your new device.

The save games will be there if your games use the Cloud storage function and if you have enabled this feature for all games.

But I would highly recommend to make a manual back up of all the save games from your old machine as well.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 421 of 462 (1,573 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just make sure that you have copied all your game data to the correct location under Origin Games folder. By default it is under c:\Program Files\bla bla bla before downloading them. I keep my Origin Games folder on my D: drive as well as the download cache folder. You can check the Origin Application Settings regarding the location.

Message 422 of 462 (1,564 Views)

Re: Can I transfer my origin games to a new computer?

★★★ Newbie
will the games be like they were she has the sims and had them all set up
Message 423 of 462 (1,496 Views)

@zooie900

Non of the Sims games uses the cloud sync function, so a manual transfer of the Save Games is necessary.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 424 of 462 (1,485 Views)

★ Novice

I want to uninstall Star Wars The Old Republic. I have the game in Origin library but I did not install the game from there, I installed it from swtor website, and the game is installed on my SSD, not my main drive. Now, going through Apps & Features (I'm on Windows 10 btw) I can't find the game. Origins can't find the game, it wants me to install the game. Now, when rightclicking on The Old Republic in my library I get no "locate game" option.

The "uninstall.exe" file in the Old Republic folder doesn't work either. WHAT DO I DO?

Message 425 of 462 (1,410 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it still stars downloading from around 38%

Message 426 of 462 (1,225 Views)

★★★ Novice

It sounds like you have lost some/all the files in the registered location. I think you will have to redownload it.

Message 427 of 462 (1,595 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think you might have a corrupt file/files in your installation directory.

Message 428 of 462 (1,595 Views)

Re: Reinstalled Windows, now Origin doesn't recognize my installed games

★ Novice

yeah mine doesnt do that, it just starts over regardless of transferring the files into the download directory and starting the download after pausing it and exiting origin and reentering after the files are done transferring.

Message 429 of 462 (1,458 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well i moved my game from the origin launcher to another folder and now when i try to locate the game the launcher starts downloading the whole game again.

Message 430 of 462 (1,402 Views)