Re: Can I transfer my origin games to a new computer?

by VMGGaming

Original Post

Re: [HOW TO] Backup/restore Origin games

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Why are you guys so lazy @ EA/origin?

With Steam all I have to do open the menu and select the games I want to backup. With you I have 10x more work to do with a single backup. 

Your games are normally more expensive so one would expect better service! 

Message 70 of 462 (44,498 Views)

★★★ Newbie
So I have sims 4 on origin and I bought it on the shop, do I need to have a flash drive and save it and transfer it or is the data in the game
Message 71 of 462 (44,029 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Like I bought it right off of origin
Message 72 of 462 (71,650 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me to! I have a windows eight its just that I had orgin downloaded on my laptop but I had no wifi so I couldn't use it because you need it to download it to your computer. So I went on my other computer that is so old that you can't download anything but I found out that I could refresh my computer deleting all my games but saving my photos and orginal pc files and I could download the games once again beacause they were saved on my account so I don't have my previous games but thats perfectly fine beacause I love to have a fresh start when it comes to sims. Seriously I make new games like every 2 hours. 

Oh and also I have a problem I made a new town with my new baby girl Izzy and her father died so her mother has to take care of her but the maid took her away while the mother was at work and she is no longer my sim. Confusedmileysad: How do I get her back? 

Message 73 of 462 (71,550 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Origin, I followed the instruction and my game, the sims 4, did not show up in the 'my games' section in origin? I then used a memory stick to transfer it and it worked but needs another product code which i would have to pay for, to activate it. Please could you help as soon a possible?

Message 74 of 462 (71,501 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It worked. Thank you Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 75 of 462 (44,215 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did this and all the DLC content for Battlefield 3 are missing (and the origin client is downloading AGAIN. Wtf! I had all of them (Premium Edition)). Please, help?

Message 76 of 462 (44,174 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi EA and other users

Im reading this thread and also steps to change install folder

As I understand it is just a copy and paste, no need compress/uncompress

then I ask if would havea similar effect [ save your game against windows re-install or replace ]:

Change folder for installed games, per example D:\Origin Games

Download and install all origin games here

Now everytime you need format C: or make a new Windows install, configure origin to use as folder for installed games D:\Origin Games

It can work asI say?

Message 77 of 462 (44,164 Views)

How to locate a game that's already installed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have downloaded and installed dragon age inquit.  Now i have the game installed but i cant run it, because i have changed paths and hard drive

Message 78 of 462 (29,303 Views)

Re: How to locate a game that's already installed

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

The best way to fix this would be to make sure that your Origin is pointing to the right download location. You can change this in Application Settings - Advanced (top left Origin menu). 

Now as you have already downloaded the game there is no need to do it again. After making sure that the download directory is set correctly, Origin should now give you an option to download the game again. Start the download, but pause it as soon as it start (you probably need to click a few options on pop ups before download itself starts). This should have created a game folder in the location you want the download. Now just move the fully downloaded game files to this newly created folder.

Message 79 of 462 (35,576 Views)