Re: Can I transfer my origin games to a new computer?

by Anonymous

Original Post

EA Staff

@zfrosh16 wrote:

hey, i have sim city 5 and it has an access code, i transfered my account and logged in on the other computer, yet it wont accept the access code because it has already been used

You shouldn't need to redeem the code again as it would be linked to the Origin account that you redeemed it under originally. As I can see that you do not have the game linked to this account is it possible that you have more than one account?

Message 20 of 462 (10,724 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is asking me for a Registration code.... but I deleted the e-mail, because I already downloaded it on my previous computer. 

Message 21 of 462 (10,389 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When i reinstall my game from origin  it tells me to first install sims 3. when i try it tells me to put in my serial code, and then tells me it is already in use. what do i need to do to get my game working again?  Thanks!

Message 22 of 462 (10,386 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But, when I log into the other computer, it says "You dont buy it yet into this computer"

How?

Message 23 of 462 (10,286 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@krag8472 wrote:

I just changed computers (in the process changed from Vista to Win 8.1) and when I transfered a game over from my old hard drive to the new one Origin would not recognize it as installed.

What I ended up doing was logging in to my Origin account online, selected a game in my library and started downloading it. As soon as it started to dowload data I would pause the download and then do the same for the next game in my library. When all the games in my library had downloaded a bit of data and were on pause I closed the Origin client and then transferred the contents of the folder for each game from my old hard drive to the game folders that Origin had created on my new computer's hard drive. Then I started Origin up again and one at a time I unpaused the downloads. It would take a minute or two and then the download would either show complete or it would download some additional data. Perhaps this was because there were updates from the version I had on my old computer. In the worst case Origin downloaded 300MB more data for a game. For about half of the games it downloaded nothing additional and the rest downloaded about 10-30Mb of data. Much better than having to download endless GBs of data to get my library back up and running.

hope this works coz i m downloading battlefield 3 on an other computer of mine and want to play it on my computer without redownloading it - does this work for sure? 

Message 24 of 462 (8,737 Views)

★★ Novice

hope this works coz i m downloading battlefield 3 on an other computer of mine and want to play it on my computer without redownloading it - does this work for sure? 

Message 25 of 462 (8,708 Views)

Anonymous

30+ games in my library and all worked.

Message 26 of 462 (8,688 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I donwnloaded sims 3 a few months back on a computar and just rececently got a new computar, so I dowloaded origin onto this new computar logged in with the same details and my games arent in the my games section? I even logged onto the safari website of origin and looked up my order history and the my games and it wasnt there niether. Now, I don't want to buy the sims 3 again so is there anywhere else I can try find my missing game??? help me please im desperate to playFrown

Message 27 of 462 (8,504 Views)

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Hi,

you seem certain you logged in with the right accounts so I can only suggest you check if the games did not become hidden bt accident. If not, contact a game advisor to check on your account.

To contact a game advisor, please visit the following site:

EA Help - Contact Us

# Login to the site by clicking on "Log in" in the menu bar, top right.
# If you need to change language, click on the language in the menu bar on the left
# Search the game you need help with.
# Select the game by clicking on the image and click next.
# Select platform and click next
# Select a topic and enter your issue and click next

You will now be provided with the contact options that are available, depending on your country.

Best regards,
inSmithereens

# If an answer was of help to you, please click as it could help others.
# You can reward a helping post by using the button.
# Please be aware, I am not an EA employee.

Message 28 of 462 (8,500 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, it works great for PC to PC and Mac to Mac, but does it work Mac to PC and vice versa?

Message 29 of 462 (8,484 Views)