Origin Can't connect to server

by DewanBeukes

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Can't connect to server

★ Apprentice

Hi! Can someone please help me!?!?

My Origin app would not connect to the internet, even if I was online and connected via Wi-Fi. I then used the Origin Reset Tool and after trying to log in, it showed me a message that said: "Could not connect to server, please try again in a few minutes". I tried for about 2 hours, but still nothing. I then contacted EA and the advisor said that I should uninstall and reinstall Origin. I did as he said and after trying to log in, still nothing?!?! I even went on other ANSWERS HQ questions and tried a lot of different methods but it still does not want to work!! I am on a Mac, and I am running macOS Mojave version 10.14.3 Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks

Dewan

Message 1 of 12 (20,062 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Can't connect to server

@DewanBeukes @Dandan-squad 

Could you both please try all the suggestions in the Download & Connections issue section of this Origin help thread - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/m-p/5371659...

You could also try booting your Mac into safe mode and see if that helps - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201262

@Dandan-squad 

I'm afraid I cannot help with PC issues and to do so would derail the OP's original request for help on their Mac. You'd be better off creating your own thread if you cannot find further help by using the search function Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (20,008 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I am having this exact problem right now and I'm on Mac too.

Message 2 of 12 (20,041 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this problem, but when I´m trying to start my games. I play on a PC.

Message 3 of 12 (20,029 Views)

@DewanBeukes @Dandan-squad 

Could you both please try all the suggestions in the Download & Connections issue section of this Origin help thread - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/m-p/5371659...

You could also try booting your Mac into safe mode and see if that helps - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201262

@Dandan-squad 

I'm afraid I cannot help with PC issues and to do so would derail the OP's original request for help on their Mac. You'd be better off creating your own thread if you cannot find further help by using the search function Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 12 (20,009 Views)

★ Apprentice

So al I had to do, was to turn off my wifi proxy settings...and my origin was able to load up.

Message 5 of 12 (19,985 Views)

★ Apprentice
Thank You! I went through everything and it works again!
Message 6 of 12 (19,983 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@DewanBeukes this is the only thing that worked for me. thank you.
Message 7 of 12 (11,454 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You are a gem. Thanks so much for putting this out there. Fixed my issue

Message 8 of 12 (5,247 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thankyou!!!!

Message 9 of 12 (2,227 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been out of Origin for about a month with this problem and this is the only thing that has fixed it. Thank you so much!

Message 10 of 12 (1,021 Views)