Re: Origin on Desktop Client is stuck on loading screen.. help?

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

Re: Origin not displaying anything

★★ Novice

Clear you Origin Cache Files.

i clear ... all  but ... Remains a problem .. T.T"  

Message 70 of 1,482 (8,324 Views)

Re: Origin installation/login blank white window

★ Apprentice

No updates from EA?

I've googled some more. Here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38540943/qt-5-7-black-screen-on-windows black screen issue fixed by reinstalling graphics driver. 

Here is QT bugreport with exactly same problem (blank page): https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-42153 but no particular fix

Spoiler

There are a lot of reasons why a WebEngineView does not render, including (but not limited to)

• OpenGL problems
  • installation problems (i.e. resource files missing)
  • Problems starting the WebEngineProcess executable

Also it looks like this problem appears on different architectures and OSes: https://www.google.com/#q=qtwebengine+white+page

I've tested Origin on 4 different PCs (netbook, 2 laptops and 1 desktop) with different hardware (Intel HD, Nvidia Optimus, Nvidia GTX770) and everything is fine. If I deny execution of QtWebEngineProcess.exe I get blank page.

So I'd stick to 2 possible reasons:

1. Problems with running or communicating with QtWebEngineProcess.exe

2. Problems with graphics drivers or direct x (complete removal and clean installation may help)

Message 71 of 1,482 (3,724 Views)

EA Staff

@Csosw33t Everything looks OK there, thank you!

What antivirus/firewall do you use? Would you be willing to check if Origin gives the same white screen if you reboot in Safe mode with networking

Thank you!

Message 72 of 1,482 (31,237 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Kristi Okay so I did the Safe Mode F5 and it didn't connect me to the internet because I use WiFi,
but the origin client sign in screen finally worked!
However it wouldn't let me sign in because I wasn't connected to the internet it said.....

So then I connected my Ethernet cable, while in safe mode and utilizing f5, and tried it again but now since its connected to the internet the origin client sign in screen is blank again.Disappointed

TO add as soon as i remove my internet connection Origin Client Works again, and the SECOND literally the second Its connected to the internet its stuck on the Loading circle not working....Angry

Sorry for the pics being sideways.

Message 73 of 1,482 (31,230 Views)

EA Staff

@Csosw33t That is super strange! In this case, I would ask that you reach out to one of our Advisors as more in depth troubleshooting may be needed. When you do reach out, please provide them with a link to this thread so they know what you have done already.

To contact an Advisor, follow the steps below:

1. Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=origin - select your platform and hit Next
2. Make sure you are logged in the top right of the page 
3. From the 1st drop down menu select 'Technical Support', 2nd drop down select 'Installation' and then type in the short description of your issue
4. Select a contact option - I recommend choosing the 'Call Me' option and then on the next page fill in the requested details.

Sorry we couldn't get this sorted Frown

Message 74 of 1,482 (31,219 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Kristi Its okay, I really appreciate all of your help.

Thank you for working with me and trying to help me get it fixed. Standard smile Large smile

I will Do that !

Thanks Again. 

Message 75 of 1,482 (31,218 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Deleting cache files and reinstalling origin didn't work. I still have the same problem.

Message 76 of 1,482 (8,263 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Nevermind! Cleared the game cache, turned off the anti virus and ran origin as an administrator. its working now! THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!

Message 77 of 1,482 (13,892 Views)

★★ Novice

keI have same problem I tried all of this fixes and nothing helps like that guy too... @Csosw33t

Message 78 of 1,482 (31,204 Views)

★ Apprentice
@apatkhyper I'm so sorry that's you're going through this like me. it's so frustrating.
I even talked to the EA support and our efforts were futile.

Nothing worked!! And it's still not working :/
I hope there is a way to get tho fixed.
It sucks not being able to play the games you bought and own.
Message 79 of 1,482 (6,406 Views)