Re: Origin on Desktop Client is stuck on loading screen.. help?

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

Re: Origin installation/login blank white window

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Everrett9

Not for me unfortunately but all I did was uninstall the version I had and downloaded a new setup file from the website. I didn't try anything more complicated to do with my security software or anything, although I did click to "unblock" the file in it's properties where it says "security: this file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer". It opens the same blank window as before.

Message 50 of 1,482 (3,965 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@abhishek030592

I did try to run the setup file in a clean boot, which should have ruled out the possibility of a conflicting program or service. You could try that on your system?

Message 51 of 1,482 (3,962 Views)

★★★ Novice

Seems to be something not installing properly. Each time I start Origin it wants to update now, then fails... At least its sending an error report now.

Message 52 of 1,482 (3,958 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@VulpisFoxfire

Here's a link that explains how to run a dxdiag:

https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach it to your reply by clicking on "Choose File" at the bottom right of the dialogue box.

Message 53 of 1,482 (3,892 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@cutemma
Tried safe mode and clean boot..still not working...however yesterday I got lucky...Started my Pc and Origin worked properly...startded downloading FIFA17 DEMO..got stuck at 98%...tried to restart Origin...back to problem 1..same white screen...I checked the windows logs to see if something different I did but could not find anything.
Message 54 of 1,482 (3,868 Views)

Re: Origin 10 has a blank screen

★★★ Newbie

i'm on windows 7 and its doing it and i can't log in wtf

Message 55 of 1,482 (14,592 Views)

★★★ Expert

First, make sure Windows is completely up to date, even updates for Internet Explorer or Edge, even if you don't use them. The new Origin is basically a web page so, those components of Windows have to be up to date. See if that helps.

Message 56 of 1,482 (14,588 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same thing is happening to me. Ive updated windows and tried to uninstall and reinstall and its still not working. I am incredibly annoyed.

Message 57 of 1,482 (14,572 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

So I assume the same goes for the installer?

My Edge version is 38.14393.0.0 (the latest, according to Wikipedia), so by that logic it should be opening.

BUT IT'S NOT! It's been about a week that I've been trying to reinstall this piece of cr@p to no avail!

Message 58 of 1,482 (14,562 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine does the same. i cant download any of my games i bought because it stays on a white screen.

Message 59 of 1,482 (15,356 Views)