Re: Origin Bad Image

by Skylarlynn13

Original Post

Origin Bad Image

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've continued to get an error saying Bad Image for Origin and i've yet to find a way to fix it! I've tried deleting the file and downloading the latest version, downloading Microsoft c++ 2013, and running it as an administrator. I don't know what else I can do at this point. I've attempted to delete and reinstall Origins and after a few tries it worked, but today it hasn't and i'm at a complete loss at what to do now!

10461896b002704d

Message 1 of 3 (201 Views)

Community Manager

This issue is generally caused by running an out of date VC++ installation. It can be resolved by manually running the installer from the Origin installation folder, I know you've already done so but can you try installing both again - the default location for this folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

From this folder, run one of both files:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (162 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for the assistance Darko, but it didn't get me anywhere. I'm contacting EA to see if maybe they can help me figure this out.

Message 3 of 3 (150 Views)