Origin/Apex Friends Wrong Status

by Hikari-Akito

Original Post

Origin/Apex Friends Wrong Status

★ Novice

Hello!

This happened just recently. Some of my Origin friends noticed that I was "playing" Apex (it said so in Apex and Origin) even though I AM NOT physically playing Apex nor touching Origin. I thought I was being hacked and secured my account afterwards but nope, the issue is still there. I reinstalled the Origin client but did not resolve the issue. 

Any thoughts or help?

Message 1 of 6 (696 Views)

Re: Origin/Apex Friends Wrong Status

Community Manager

Hey @Hikari-Akito can you ensure that you are running the most recent version of Origin as some users were having this issue but a recent Origin update fixed it. 

If you think that someone may have access to your account then you will need to speak with one of our chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat.

You can also speak with our Twitter support team: https://twitter.com/EAHelp?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (678 Views)

★ Novice

I can't really assure as of the moment but will do in a few hours.

Thanks for the support!

Message 3 of 6 (654 Views)

★ Novice

I am on Origin Version 10.5.77.42374 - 763270. I believe that's the latest (correct me if I am wrong). Apparently they still see me go offline/online/play Apex Legends simultaneously when I am not.

Message 4 of 6 (625 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko This is an Origin bug clearly - not that someone may have access to their account. There are several related posts on this on the EA website now with people complaining about the same issue. I have the same problem but with BFV not Apex. It has shown me as being in game for the last week even when I'm signed out of Origin and my PC is switched off. I can see at least 3-4 people on my friend's list also with the wrong status even though they have confirmed they are not signed into Origin.
Message 5 of 6 (566 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Furthermore, I uninstalled Origin and reinstalled it last night (also Origin is set to automatic updates and should always be running on the latest version) and my status is still displaying incorrectly (showing as in-game) to people on my friend's list.
Message 6 of 6 (565 Views)