Re: Origin Adult Account Bug

by avemegne1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Adult Account Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I need help with my origin account real bad.

Whenever I try to log in to my account, I keep getting the pop up saying I am old enough to upgrade my account to an adult account but nothing happens when I fill in the information and press continue. Instead of continuing to the next step, it just refreshes the same page but now it says that my email is already registered to an adult account. It asks if I want to sign in instead and I press the sign in button but the whole process repeats itself. I believe this is a bug and I hope this can be fixed. My account name is nevermind actually and I am sure origin didn't ask me for any parent account during creation. I tried countless times and I haven't used my origin account for 3 weeks because of this problem.

My account suddenly got fixed ( a few seconds ago ) for some reason LOL but I think this may still be a problem for some people.

Message 1 of 6 (589 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Glad to hear that you got it sorted @avemegne1.

Generally, when this happens it's a case of having multiple EA accounts and the chosen email already being linked to an EA account.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (575 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Glad to hear that you got it sorted @avemegne1.

Generally, when this happens it's a case of having multiple EA accounts and the chosen email already being linked to an EA account.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (576 Views)

★★★ Newbie
how to fix it ?

Message 3 of 6 (553 Views)

Community Manager

Are you having the same issue as the OP @ZuCuMu

If so then you need to ensure that the email you are using is not linked to an existing account. If you are having a different problem then please let us know with as much info as possible.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (544 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for responding Darko

I am currently logging in to my origin account through pressing APEX Legends and filling in my email and password. However, the problem is still occurring when I try to login through my origin icon/app. I created my origin account on 17 February and I didn't create any other accounts since. My birthday is on 22 February and I live in Mongolia if that matters. I didn't do anything weird like create multiple accounts or change my email so that's why I think this may be a bug. But whenever the pop up pops up, it just asks for my email and when I fill in my information, the popup shows up again but now it says that my email is already registered and asks for a new one. And when I put in a new email, the whole process repeats itself. 

Message 5 of 6 (519 Views)

Community Manager

It may be worth speaking with one of our phone or chat support advisers @avemegne1 as they will be able to take a look at your account for any issues.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (477 Views)