Re: Origin - 4K Scaling

by holger1405

Original Post

@Mia422006 

What problem exactly, the Scaling or the blur?

What is your Origin version number?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 281 of 288 (2,815 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've installed Origin Launcher over a fresh Windows 10 Pro version. Geforce 1060 GTX on a 4K TV. All software up to date.

This problem still lingers in 2020. Looks scaled but blurry.

How do you expect Origin Platform to be taken seriously if 4k tvs/monitors are mainstream right now? Sorry, it's not my intention to complain... even if I'm doing it. I cannot understand how did you devote so much time to the platform (it works as charm), but dismiss the importance of new big screens or resolutions?

In fact... 4k is not that new anymore. 

Screenshot here: https://imgur.com/YAgdhSM

Message 282 of 288 (2,385 Views)

★★ Novice

Scaling is still blurry, but oddly enough disabling scaling for this application (override scaling behavior and let the Application perform scaling) and using the View > Zoom > 150% actually made it look better than 150% scaling at 100% zoom.

I don't consider this a fix since it doesn't scale everything (the menu bar and scroll bar are still tiny), but it made it far less annoying at least:

originzoom.png

Message 283 of 288 (2,151 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

In my case the solution was to get the screen refresh rate to native 60 Hz and select YCbCr 4:2:2. The display is a 4K 65 inch TV. All compatibility settings have been disabled for origin executable.

Message 284 of 288 (2,117 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I wish they would just add an option in settings to hide/disable the compatibility mode popup. The DPI windows settings is the only way to get it no blurry and my preferred size on 1440p at 125% scaling.

It is inconvenient to have to have the popup every time origin launches and given it crashes every time on the first start at the moment you have to go through that twice. The popup also blocks origin from logging in.
Message 285 of 288 (2,073 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yep, unbelievable that years later Origin/EA still hasn't sorted out the scaling of just its launcher on 4k screens?!

Message 286 of 288 (1,914 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is what happens if you don't use the APIs of the OS properly. 

Message 287 of 288 (1,810 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I went here even though the display WASN'T blurry, it just had RIDICULOUSLY SMALL FONT, as numerous people have stated....anyway, I followed the steps below and found out that the "windows scaling" was already on. I turned it off and restarted origin and it seems to be good. Font I can actually read. Your first reboot might be interesting if you have your zoom up a lot though...hope this helps

1. Select the Start  button > Settings  > System  > Display  > Advanced scaling settings (under Scale and layout).
  2. In the Advanced scaling settings window, turn on the Let Windows try to fix apps so they’re not blurry option.
  3. Close and reopen Origin.
Message 288 of 288 (1,494 Views)