Re: Origin - 4K Scaling

by Xorag2

Original Post

Re: Origin interface too small on high resolution monitor

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Nils wrote:

Hi,

Unfortunately I am not aware about how far along we are in improving our support for high resolution monitors such as the one that you are using. Should I hear anything new I will update you, but in the meantime I believe that changing the operating system settings are the only way to increase the DPI.

Cheers,

Nils

You're at least 4 years off.  Cheers.

Message 221 of 288 (1,844 Views)

Re: Origin interface too small on high resolution monitor

★★★ Newbie

Come on guys , stop being such lazy tramps.  It isn't hard to do from a dev perspective.  Every other half decent app seems to manage it and has done for years.  

You're always quick to "innovate" when it comes to fleecing us of our hard earned money with gambling lootboxes, but you can't do something basic like this. 

Wow,  just wow. 

Message 222 of 288 (1,797 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Bump as this is obviously still a problem. Compatibility mode is blurry, running scaled has very tiny elements and text on high DPI screens, and using a manifest fix makes it pixelated. Even using the compatibility or manifest fix the resolution of the overlay is still hard to use on a 4K TV at distance or a 4K monitor.

To anyone with this issue just do not buy any EA games or currencies for games. Origin is likely so poorly designed it isn't the quick fix we think it is, but their lack of investment in the client is a clear signaling of their priorities.

Message 223 of 288 (1,754 Views)

★★★ Novice
Come on folks, 4 years, and still no fix, get on with it ffs.
Message 224 of 288 (1,700 Views)

★★★ Novice

still this problem, this is getting ridiculous... do you need a developer to fix this?

Message 225 of 288 (1,362 Views)

★★★ Novice

same here, its ridiculous for a company like this, they take their customers for * pffff any respect for the gamer, but taking money ,they can make it !!!

Message 226 of 288 (1,299 Views)

★★ Novice

Holy crap, EA. Fix this. The workarounds are not workarounds. If you're in game and you get a friend's message, it's so tiny you can't even interact with the dialogue box. It's 2019. There's no excuse for this.

Message 227 of 288 (1,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How is this STILL an issue in 2019 when this topic was started in 2014?

Message 228 of 288 (1,014 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this problem too pls help i cant see anything its soooo tiny!

Message 229 of 288 (991 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's Feb 2019 and my Origin is up to date and this still hasn't been fixed? I switched to beta as suggested and nothing helps...

Message 230 of 288 (934 Views)