Re: Origin - 4K Scaling

by petrakid1

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

How many consumers have to get 4k screens before this will be addressed?

Message 151 of 288 (2,032 Views)

★★★ Novice

GO TO THIS LINK!! THIS GUY SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf2zetOOiNM

Message 152 of 288 (1,934 Views)

★ Novice

Change the compatibility of the Origin App to  Windows XP Service Pack 3.

Message 153 of 288 (1,847 Views)

★★★ Novice

First doesn't scale everything and doesn't work automatically. It will only scale content of main window. Everything else - menus, dialog boxes etc remains very little. And by default Origin sets it to 100% disrespecting system settings.

Second will do raster scaling. It's ugly and pixilated.

Message 154 of 288 (1,839 Views)

★★ Novice

HAHAHAHA this is the lamest thing ever. its soon 2019 and Origin is probably the only client that does not have native 4k support

Message 155 of 288 (1,805 Views)

Re: Origin interface too small on high resolution monitor

★★★ Newbie

This is ridiculous, I'm going to stop my subscription. It has been like this for a while and the EA response is pathetic with no release timetable for the fix. It's not that complicated for them to sort out.

Message 156 of 288 (1,701 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think EA just has an animosity toward 4K screens or something.  It's been how many years now and how many updates to the app and STILL they haven't fixed this relatively easy to fix issue? 

It doesn't take a rocket scientist, EA Games, to fix this issue!  FIX IT and quit telling us "we don't have an eta".  You've been saying this since 2014, or longer.  Tells us what the problem is; maybe we can help you.  I don't know.  But get it fixed.

Message 157 of 288 (1,422 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That did not work for me.

Message 158 of 288 (1,290 Views)

★ Novice

The worst part about this is that for the last 2-3 months, if you apply the workaround of enabling Windows HiDPI correction (the type does not matter), the client shows a popup dialog on startup stating "You are in Windows compatibility mode. You are going to start Origin in compatibility mode. Please disable this mode if you have any problem" (translated from Spanish, could be different in English).

This dialog is so poorly rendered that cannot be made into focus using the mouse and clicking the "Continue" button is totally impossible. The only way I have found to dismiss this dialog is to focus it using Alt+Tab and then pressing Enter.

Also, some version of Origin around 19-June had a fix for HiDPI, because I remember congratulating EA Spain via Twitter. They removed the fix it afterwards, it seems.

Message 159 of 288 (1,217 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't help thinking that this thread having a marked solution means EA just aren't looking at the thread any more. It's still an issue though...

Message 160 of 288 (1,081 Views)