Re: Origin - 4K Scaling

by Dirtytear69

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Year 2018...

Origin still cannot scale the interface...

There is still a hope devs will fix the issue...

I found 2 ways to fix it. At least you'll be able to read the content in Origin.

First (when you see the content but menu items are still small):

origin_scale_method1.jpg

Second (when everything is visible but Origin alerts you that it launches in compatibility mode and it is a bit annoying):

origin_scale_method2.jpg

Message 141 of 288 (3,107 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
The first doesn't do it for me and the second is known and you have to do it in every update...
Message 142 of 288 (3,100 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
This worked for me. Thanks!
Message 143 of 288 (3,059 Views)

★★ Guide

Wow, that EA 4k support in 2018 is awesome. That's why I try to avoid to buy games for Origin.

Message 144 of 288 (3,003 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey guys I know you've been asking for this for a while. The reason it hasn't happened is because we'd rather use the money required to do it to give the Executive's an additional $1 million bonus. BUT the good news is that we found someone to do it for free, but we plan to fire them after it's done because they aren't a culture fit.

Here's a comparison screenshot of the progress:

comparison.png

Message 145 of 288 (2,905 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA - I'm completely floored this is still an issue. So there isn't a good way for the client dev team to embrace modern UI design in the Windows stack? Or I dunno, maybe just fork it into a web framework and roll it that way so the text is legible on current hardware? This has been in some manner of backlog since 2014 I would think, and that's based on when you started getting user feedback on it, not counting when display scaling would be available via developer releases from Redmond. #sad
Message 146 of 288 (2,810 Views)

★★ Novice

lol 4 years and still have this problem, we may have it fixed before the galaxy goes dead. Wondering

Message 147 of 288 (2,730 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I just noticed enabling client betas in the application settings updated me to a beta version of the client that supports my 4K monitor now without having to enable high dpi setting in windows. The beta client was actually so big I had to go into the view settings and reduce it to 100% to make it smaller. The text on the side right bar was readable, but I still notice the text font on the inner parts of the client were a little fuzzy, but it's tolerable until it is hopefully ironed out.

So it looks like an end is finally in sight for 4K support... hopefully before and by the time Anthem on PC launches.

Message 148 of 288 (2,560 Views)

★★ Novice

Still garbage for me, am opted into the beta.  Menus are so tiny that it's almost unusable.  On a 15" laptop with a 4k screen.  Just bought a game that was remastered in 4k, too, and yet the damn app doesn't support 4k properly.

Message 149 of 288 (2,498 Views)

★ Novice

I fixed the issue. I'm currently running windows 10 with a 4k monitor and I did these steps. 

-Right-click Origin folder and click properties.

-Click Compatability tab

-Click Change High DPI Settings

-Check Boxes "Program DPI" and "High DPI Override Scaling"

-Click the drop-down box under "High DPI Override Scaling" and select "System"

After that, make sure you apply all the settings. This worked for me. Hope it does the same for you. 

Message 150 of 288 (2,439 Views)