Re: The new origin beta update has a glitch

by 1TheMuffinMan

Original Post

Re: Origin interface too small on high resolution monitor

★ Pro

The text in Origin is too small for me to read. I don't have a high resolution screen, I have an iMac 27-inch (2560 x 1440). I also have visual difficulties and EXCEPT for Origin have no problem magnifying things on my screen so I can read them. This is not an aesthetic issue. It's a usability and accessibility issue.

Tiny type is also a problem in this forum. 

Message 51 of 288 (2,998 Views)

Betreff: Menu bars and right click menus in 4K too tiny after Version 10.4.3.156

★★★ Novice

yes same problem here

Message 52 of 288 (3,217 Views)

Re: Origin auto scaling problem @ 3200x1800

★★★★★ Newbie

3 years later i am still having this issue..

Message 53 of 288 (3,214 Views)

Re: Origin auto scaling problem @ 3200x1800

★★★ Newbie

Same here even with the Beta client. Still much smaller than any other programs on my PC with a Dell P2415Q 4k Display.

Message 54 of 288 (3,204 Views)

Re: Origin - 4K Scaling

★ Guide

I'm still having problems.

Message 55 of 288 (3,178 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just wanted to let you know that the 4k scaling issues still persist with the current stable update for Origin.  It makes the text of the top bar, and the drop-down menus from it, extremely small and very hard to read.

The text on the Origin sidebar (ie. My Home, Store, My Game Library, etc) scales correctly, but UI issues such as flickering/disappearing text still also persist, which makes checking achievements and extra content for games very difficult.

All in all the UI problems make Origin very user UNfriendly and cumbersome.  I'm hoping these issues will be fixed before the release of Mass Effect: Andromeda as it will make it next to impossible to purchase DLC due to the current issues.

Message 56 of 288 (3,119 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This really has nothing to do with 4k, but with the scaling feature in Windows which has existed for a long time, much longer than Origin has been around. They are embedding the website inside of a desktop shell which is awesome (can you think of how many issues there would be if the UI was separate?). However, it doesn't look like they are using WPF because that would support display scaling right out of the box. If they are indeed drawing the window manually that is pure craziness for such a simple, stripped down application.

As a software developer it's always a bummer when you come across products that have a management team that is absolutely clueless.

You could do something cool like throw the source code up on Github and offer $500 in free games for someone to fix this issue, but instead you'd just prefer to let it sit in the backlog for years. Absolutely incredible.

It's even more ridiculous that you don't think that gamers, who are at the forefront of technology wouldn't be gaming on higher DPI displays. 

end rant.

Message 57 of 288 (3,111 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same issue, same opinion like MuffinMan.

It's not the first time I see an app that fails at scaling. From my investigations most of the times it is because the app devs missed to correctly implement scaling, especially since this tech changed a bit after windows 7.

This should get fixed asap... that this issue even persists since years is beyond me. Especially since the origin client actually improved in other aspects over the years

Message 58 of 288 (3,101 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@DeltaDenz What's even more funny is that the Origin Beta client gets a new update like every day, yet no scaling attention.

Message 59 of 288 (3,092 Views)

★★★★ Novice

EA 4K Pls  full size http://imgur.com/a/DTAzt

Message 60 of 288 (3,477 Views)