Re: Origin interface too small on high resolution monitor

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin - 4K Scaling

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

2/1/17

The newest origin update isn't displaying properly. It opens up in a really small screen, and all the tabs up top are in amazingly small font, and I don't know how to fix it. I can barely, barely, read what it says. This is a problem.

Admin edit:

Please click the Me too button if you also experience this problem.

Message 28 of 288 (91,560 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin - 4K Scaling

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey all,

On April 15 we released an Origin client update that fixed client scaling issues on 4K resolutions.

Based on that update, we've received new comments that while scaling appears to have been fixed, users are now experiencing a "blurry" client. If that happens for you, can you please:

1. Select the Start  button > Settings  > System  > Display  > Advanced scaling settings (under Scale and layout).
  2. In the Advanced scaling settings window, turn on the Let Windows try to fix apps so they’re not blurry option.
  3. Close and reopen Origin.

View in thread

Message 261 of 288 (24,207 Views)

All Replies

Origin interface too small on high resolution monitor

★★★ Newbie

My laptop has a 3200x1800 15" display. The text and user interface for Origin is far too small to be usable. How can I increase the DPI settings for origin to make it match the rest of windows and make it actually possible to use?

Message 1 of 288 (103,005 Views)

Community Manager

Hi,

Unfortunately I am not aware about how far along we are in improving our support for high resolution monitors such as the one that you are using. Should I hear anything new I will update you, but in the meantime I believe that changing the operating system settings are the only way to increase the DPI.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 288 (102,963 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any news on this. It's rather frustrating on a 13" 3200x1800 display.

@EA_Nils wrote:

Hi,

Unfortunately I am not aware about how far along we are in improving our support for high resolution monitors such as the one that you are using. Should I hear anything new I will update you, but in the meantime I believe that changing the operating system settings are the only way to increase the DPI.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 3 of 288 (102,763 Views)

★★ Apprentice

What do you mean by changing the operating system settings to increase the DPI ??

I have 200% scaling setup for my 1440p monitor, but Origin does not scale at all and the windows/text is so small it makes it very difficult to read.

Message 4 of 288 (102,729 Views)

★★★ Novice

I too have the same problem on my Windows 8.1 laptop, read my response here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Origin-auto-scaling-problem-3200x1800/m-p/4193097#M103605

Let me know if you find a better workaround for this.

Ameet

Message 5 of 288 (102,720 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm not sure about QT but if the Interface were made in WPF a higher Resolution won't be a Problem as a very small design Change would scale it to fit the desire Resolution size. In fact, one could make it have the exact same size regardless of the Resolution. I have to admit that is quite annoying to use origin at higher Resolution as you can barely read anything.

Message 6 of 288 (102,496 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has EA taken out a fix on this issue? Its ridiculous, steam does not have this problem! Come on EA make it happen, fix it!!!

Message 7 of 288 (101,899 Views)

Community Manager
Unfortunately I do not have an update on this often requested feature at this time. I will keep you posted.
Message 8 of 288 (101,875 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this issue my resolution is 3840x2160 and about two thirds of my screen is empty while everything else is squashed in to the other third of the screen and far to small to read. 

I have seen forum topics on EA Forums going back to JANUARY 2013 about this problem and it is a JOKE that this is still an issue over two and a half years later.

Message 9 of 288 (101,757 Views)