[Origin 10] Solution for Scaling / Sizes Issues

by Der_Lieber

Original Post

Re: Download screen for Origin too large to click download

★★★★ Novice

I have also got this problem after the new update, my screen resolution is exactly the same as before and it was fine. I am not going to change my screen resolution to fix origins poor fault. 

Message 20 of 144 (6,905 Views)

Re: Origin Interface Resolution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Exactly the same problem with my resolution, 1920x1080 is the most common resolution for the average pc user and they can't even do it right.

Message 21 of 144 (6,908 Views)

★★★ Expert

Origin is fine at 1920x1080, as you can see. Perhaps that is not the native resolution of your screen and, switching to native would resolve the problem.

ResOkay

Message 22 of 144 (6,894 Views)

★★ Novice

Angry It is doing the same to me after the update. It's too big for my screen (Samsung smart TV 1080p) 1920x1080 resolution. I tried everything to fix it. Ran a troubleshoot compatibility (tried it in Windows 8, 7,& Vista), tried the one for not displaying properly, even set to run as administrator.  I uninstalled and reinstalled (took 6 tries kept hanging up on install), tried adjusting screen size thru my TV. Nothing is working. System info:  Windows 10 pro insider preview  Version: 1607 OS Build:14905.1000   64bit OS Intel Core 2 Quad CPU 2.40GHz  4GB Ram    Video card: AMD Radeon R7 370

Message 23 of 144 (6,889 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem.

Before the update was working fine, now that i've updated the screen is too big.

Message 24 of 144 (6,891 Views)

User Interface WAY too big for my monitor...

★★ Novice

How do you scale down the Origin interface? I've been looking in the settings and I'm not seeing a way. Ever since Origin just updated it's now WAY larger than my screen, and it's completely unusable because of it... It was always kind of big, but now it's just ridiculous.

Please help,

Thank you

Message 25 of 144 (6,901 Views)

Re: User Interface WAY too big for my monitor...

★★★ Newbie

New app now takes up 75% more space of my desktop.  Way to go!  I understand for visually impaired but there is no way to adjust it.  (Do you have it in Brail as well?)

Message 26 of 144 (6,896 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've tried to change my resolution like suggested below, but it didn't work for me. If you find something that does work, please post in here again so people like you and I can see how to fix this problem. 

Message 27 of 144 (6,851 Views)

Re: User Interface WAY too big for my monitor...

★ Apprentice

Same here. Also its ugly.

If you told me this was the old interface and the one we used to have was the new one I would totally believe you. But having this one as 'new and improved' is sad. It looks dated

Message 28 of 144 (6,871 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'll just share/copy something I posted about four days ago:

I'm running Windows 10 in UHD (3840x2160) resolution on a 28" monitor where the display settings are already scaled up at 150%.  Who the fu*k at EA came up with the utterly brain dead idea to scale up Origin's font size, menu items and other UI elements (including the right-click menu in the tray icon!) EVEN MORE than necessary?  Selecting "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" on a shortcut for Origin does NOT fix any of this, but it DOES result in a notification message about running in Windows Compatibility Mode... in an absurdly over-scaled message window!  As if all of THAT weren't bad enough, I'm further compelled to ask, who the fu*k at EA came up with the OTHER utterly brain dead idea to prevent Origin's windowed mode from being resized to any smaller than over 25% of the screen resolution?  This means, even at its smallest size, it's still bigger than a Blu-ray movie at full resolution!  And unless I've totally missed some sort of size settings options, Origin can't truly be resized to MY liking on MY computer!  Kindly fix these ludicrous UI changes that I don't recall anyone asking for and reeks of idiots at Microsoft that didn't do any usability testing when they made Windows 8.x!

Oh, and I tried reverting back to the v9.x Origin client and it recently auto-updated to v10.0.1.31806, or should I say FAIL version!  Changing the View Zoom to 75% helps very little.

Message 29 of 144 (6,830 Views)