[Origin 10] Solution for Scaling / Sizes Issues

by Der_Lieber

Original Post

Re: DPI ISSUES? - HERE IS A WORKAROUND... to get the correct origin client size

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

winkey = the key with a windows logo on it.
you can use 'right-click on start > run'

Message 91 of 144 (2,017 Views)

Re: Origin Interface Resolution

★ Apprentice

That "update" appears to fix an extremely specific and relatively minor problem, but NONE of the problems I've encountered and another one brought by others regarding the chat window, which is part of the brain-dead UI changes that are SOOOOOOO annoying!

I know EA wants to phase out Origin v9.x, but did they also phase out programmers, QA people and managers with basic competence?

Message 92 of 144 (2,021 Views)

scaling of game icons in game Library

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

HI,

I installed the new Origin app, I am running windows 10. In the previous version I was able to scale the game Icons using a sliding bar to make all of the Icons in my Game library show on 1 page. I do not have that option anymore why? I have 64 game Icons in my Game Library that I was able to see them all on 1 page, now the most I can see is 24. Also why did you create the junk menu on the left of the client window? All of thoughs options should be in a menu bar at the top, if that area was free I would see 36 Icons on my screen. This is a poor design, wish I had been on the beta. My screen resolution is 1680x1024 max for my monitor. I went to my main computer to run the older client so I could show you how I used the previous version but I can't run it, all it wants to do is update, why can't I say I do not want to update? This is not a better Client, just different, it is designed for sales not for the user. I have to stop ranting The more I say the more I get upset. Why can't I use the previous version if I want too?

James

Message 93 of 144 (2,037 Views)

Re: New origin window too large

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, it worked for me. Thank you!

Message 94 of 144 (2,098 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Updating to the beta version fixed the problem. Thanks!

Message 95 of 144 (2,029 Views)

★★★ Novice

This worked for me as well.

Message 96 of 144 (2,012 Views)

Re: Can't install Origin - Installer too big

★★★★★ Novice

This fix is for those with another problem. They've already installed origin, but mine and the other guys problem is that we can't even install Origin at all. Because of the big window and that there is no way to reach the install button. Why th hell Origin can't enable to change the size of this window...

Message 97 of 144 (2,010 Views)

Re: scaling of game icons in game Library

★ Apprentice

You can use those tile icons on the top right next to "Add a game" to change the size of the game boxes.

Also, press Ctrl + or - to rescale the whole UI.

Message 98 of 144 (2,016 Views)

Re: User Interface WAY too big for my monitor...

★★ Novice

The Origin update that was just pushed through (I had checked the beta option after reading some other forums before posting about my particular problem) seems to have fixed my issue, so I've taken a proactive approach and turned off automatic Origin Updates.

It appears as though this case is closed Party hat

Message 99 of 144 (2,002 Views)

EA app Team

@Iceskimo123 Yes, if you can't even install because the install window is too big, you can download the installer for the Beta version with this fix here: https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/forum/33129/OriginThinSetupBeta.exe

Message 100 of 144 (1,990 Views)