Re: [Origin 10] Solution for Scaling / Sizes Issues

by holger1405

Original Post

@Onyx-Citaro

Ok, it seems that your screen resolution is the factor here.

I will once again forward this to the CMs.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 131 of 144 (2,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I found a way to fix this. So one day Origin uninstalled itself and I downloaded it again which was Origin Thin Setup. I couldn't see my friend list because the windows was huge even though I was zoomed out at 75%. I have attached a screenshot of my settings on my Origin shortcut.

Right click on your Origin icon and go to Properties, Go to the Compatibility tab, Check "Run this program as an administrator", Click on Change high DPI settings, checkmark the box for "Use this setting to fix scaling problems for this program instead of the one in Settings", and override the high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by: Application. Click Ok and apply settings.

I hope this helps anything having issues with the Origin window screen being too large and doesn't fit their PC screen! Standard smile

I'm using the recent version of Origin. Version 10.5.37.24524 - 0

Message 132 of 144 (1,589 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

...and do you now get the "Compatibility Mode" message flash up every single time you open Origin, or just me?

Message 133 of 144 (1,542 Views)

EA DICE Team

We rolled out a fix for 4K scaling issues in the latest Origin update. Could you let me know how that's working out for you?

Message 134 of 144 (1,507 Views)

★ Novice
Yeah that does pop up. But at least it's better than seeing a full Origin screen where I can't see everything. It'll be a temporary fix until Origin fixes this issue.
Message 135 of 144 (1,483 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have tried everything and this is the only thing that has worked.. to a degree. If it is maximized it works! But if it is windowed it doesn't. But still the first time I have seen the bottom of Origin and windowed has always been about full screen anyways. Thanks for the post. Gave XP

Message 136 of 144 (1,450 Views)

★★★ Novice

After launching Apex once Origin has created a new set of issues, for example: cannot see bottom windows toolbar AND also the bottom portion of Origin is missing even though it covers windows taskbar.. either way, thanks for the help.

Message 137 of 144 (1,447 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Straatford87The last update broke origin for me.

Origin is now too big and blurry on 1440 resolution at 125% Windows 10 scaling.

Overriding the DPI in properties fixes in it but the compatibility pop up that shows up every time is annoying.

Message 138 of 144 (1,407 Views)

Re: scaling of game icons in game Library

★★★ Newbie

Didn't work.

Message 139 of 144 (1,293 Views)

Re: scaling of game icons in game Library

★★★ Newbie
Didn't work either.
Message 140 of 144 (1,292 Views)