Re: Opening game puts ingame overlay into "restricted mode"

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Opening game puts ingame overlay into "restricted mode"

★★★ Newbie

So i am having this problem with origin in-game overlay

My in game overlay is enabled in application settings and enabled for apex (the game i am trying to use overlay for), but when ever i boot the game the overlay option goes says its disabled when in restricted mode. Restricted mode is off and i have run origin as admin and still nothing works, i've tried toggling everything on and off.

Message 1 of 9 (989 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @K0vid-19

When you've got a chance can you try clearing out your Origin cache to see if that helps? If there's something corrupted in the Origin data that may fix this. 

For more info on how to clear the cache check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you've got the chance. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (938 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @K0vid-19

When you've got a chance can you try clearing out your Origin cache to see if that helps? If there's something corrupted in the Origin data that may fix this. 

For more info on how to clear the cache check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you've got the chance. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 9 (939 Views)

Community Manager

Hey again @K0vid-19

Were you able to try clearing the Origin cache? Are you still seeing any issues with the in-game overlay? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 3 of 9 (907 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey @EA_Kent I am currently have the same issue above, just tried to clear all the cache but with no success. Do you have anything else that may help with the issue?

Message 4 of 9 (811 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Shepherd9843

If Origin is still stuck in Restricted Mode can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the client to see if that helps at all? For more details on how you can uninstall check out the EA Help website

Let me know if it keeps happening after that. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 9 (785 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Hi so I’m having the same issue with sims4. I did the cache thing, I uninstalled/reinstalled, made sure switches for origin in game were on. Unfortunately none of that had worked. Any other tips you have? I can try to uninstall/reinstall again. I’m going crazy.
Message 6 of 9 (682 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Magita91

Are you using a Windows PC, or do you have a Mac? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 9 (640 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem here...I'm  using pc and have tried everything you have suggested ...

Message 8 of 9 (623 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @giggles4854

When you've got the chance can you try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to see if that makes any difference? Sometimes issues like this can happen because something is blocking Origin from making changes. If that's what's happening in this case a Clean Boot may help to get around it. 

For more details on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 9 (605 Views)