Online login is currently unavailable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by AlanWake1375

Original Post

★★★ Novice

i use uplay steam and epic launcher And I never had that ridiculous problem

You should be ashamed of this.why you don't fix this problem all this year

My favorite games are in Origin. What can I do?

I tried all the ridiculous things everyone wrote on the internet

pls help me and many people that have same problem

Message 2 of 12 (2,235 Views)

Origin wont work

★★ Novice

Why cant I use Origin, r the servers down or smt.

Message 1 of 12 (2,082 Views)

Re: Online login is currently unavailable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

★★★ Novice

Yeah, im having the same exact issue, it emerged yesterday and its still not fixed. My girlfriend was playing battlefield V before me, and when i came and sat down to play on my account, it told me that online login is unavailable. Tried looking online for solutions and nothing helped. because its not an issue on my part at all and its on yours EA. Battlefield V is having an event where you can get rewards if you login into the game every day during quarantine. Im not sure how you think this system is going to work if i cant even login into your client. Im upset that ill miss out on all that and hoping that youll fix this fast. Also, all other clients that i have like upaly and steam are working fine, so all those solutions that you have that have to do with me fixing things on my end wont work, because its not something on my end.

Message 3 of 12 (2,201 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yeah, im having the same exact issue, it emerged yesterday and its still not fixed. I cant log in to your client.
Message 4 of 12 (2,169 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem too. Guess I need another hobby till they fix this so i can play again.

Message 5 of 12 (2,101 Views)

Online login is currently unavailable and Sign in failure

★★★★★ Novice

Whenever I wanna play a game on origin I can't even go online because of the same thing which is really annoying to see often. ('Online login is currently unavailable' and 'Sign in failure') both of the issues are based on the same problem. And I've tried all the possible solutions for that issue which is a massive problem worldwide and nothing changed. Ea server was down as I see on Ea HQ and it's never being normal at all. I'm posting this due to my fear of it to happen again so as everyone else has the problem you guys should consider that as a massive problem that effecting our gameplay experience.

(There is no issue with my connection as well it was 35mbps download rate with 49 ms is still same)

Message 6 of 12 (2,007 Views)

★★★ Novice

Seems to be working now for me, logged in a moment ago and booted BFV and it ran without issues. But i fear that it will happen again. Anyways, try to login now, maybe it will work for everybody.

Message 7 of 12 (2,002 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, sorry to hear that you are having issues.

We saw a number of users were having issues earlier on but these have no been fixed.

If you continue to see an issue then the best thing to do is to  take a couple of minutes to go through the following steps:

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 12 (1,966 Views)

★★★ Novice

This issue has not been fixed. It has persisted for going on 48 hours for some people. It would not hurt anyone if EA was a bit more honest and transparent in moments like this instead of copy pasting instructions. 

Message 9 of 12 (1,921 Views)

★★★ Novice

To others reading this: please upvote this if your issue is also still unresolved.

I'm experiencing the "Sign in failure" issue described above. Thanks @EA_Darko for the tips, but they made no difference for me (and it is obvious why from the P.S. below). I also submitted a report to Origin via Origin Error Reporter including diagnostics. Here's my report ID: 1178c3edb087891b. Where should I send this to initiate next round of debugging? I'm fluent in software engineering and at your disposal to help with troubleshooting.

Despite the latest tweet stating that "The issues impacting EA Help, AHQ, Origin and connectivity across all titles are now resolved." I am under the impression (from reading around the threads here) that I'm not alone to whom this statement still doesn't apply.

Thanks for any response and good luck with the fixing!

P.S.1 my data: My brother had the same issue yesterday and had it resolved a bit after midnight, so I'm assuming there's been a DB-ish mishap somewhere @ EA (?) and current efforts include lot of progressive backup restoration (or something of the sorts) of the affected accounts data based on chunks they've been stored on. I only registered my account and purchased my first game 2 days ago (1 day before the disaster) so I'm assuming some of my accounts data was not yet replicated across DB clones when the mishap happened. When you put the 2 accounts next to each other (mine and my brothers) on a single PC, one of them (his) already logs in without issue, while the other one (mine) doesn't. 

P.S.2 to EA: Please try to be more honest with your customers about what's going on when your products break in the future, as this feels a lot like a cover-up of some very specific mishap with some very non-informative press (e.g. DDoS, ok but as a result of those, what actually happened that causes our issues?), especially for people with engineering background, this is a bit frustrating as those are just curious what's going on and capable of understanding and might be even able to help.

P.S.3 to UX team: This is also message to the UX design team of Origin client. Messages of the sort "Something broke. Sorry. Try us later." are very frustrating. Put in at least an option to view some details / debug logs / error trace, or just redesign the error messages to be at least a bit more informative. This trial - error debugging is the most frustrating kind and if customer can be spared of it, they should be. People are getting more and more technically fluent these days (especially on PC) so there's an argument for putting at least an option in.

Message 10 of 12 (1,903 Views)