Re: Old email expired and I lost games

by CarbonCarl

Original Post

Old email expired and I lost games

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I've got this problem.

On my Origin account I had Battlefield 1 (bought in 2017) and Medal of Honor: Pacific assault (gained whon Origin did giwaway in 2017 or 2018). My old email adress (which I create my Origin account with) expired because of inactivity. When I tried to reset password, Origin asked me for email adress. I didn't use the old one and instead of it I used my Gmail adress. Via Gmail I reset my password and by loging in (instead of the old email account) I typed Gmail adress and the new password. After this, I was able to log in my account, but Bf1 and Medal of Honor: Pacific assault weren't in my game library.

Can anyone help me with this problem, please?

Thank you for your help. Standard smile

Message 1 of 6 (579 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi @Feferony_SVK

If you didn't attach the new email address to your account then it's likely you're accessing a different account.

Log in here with your new email address and you should be able to see your order history and find out what has been purchased on that account. If you see those games purchased in your account history then you will be best to contact an EA advisor so they can look into your account and see why they are not in your library.

You can contact an EA adviser here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If they are not in your order history then you will need to log in using the old email address, which means you will need to access it again to reset the password. You can try recreating the email address again if it has been closed down or contact the email provider to regain access.

Let me know how you get on my friend.

Message 2 of 6 (562 Views)

Community Manager

Hey  it's most likely the case that you have multiple EA accounts and are logged into a secondary account. The best thing to do is to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 6 (520 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi @CarbonCarl ,

I checked the Order history and there were no records. So I used live chat. Thre problem isn't solved yet, because I have to find out couple of information for admins, but it is in process.

Thank you for your advice.

Feferony_SVK

Message 4 of 6 (500 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you are getting the assistance you need @Feferony_SVK.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 6 (487 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Feferony_SVK You’re welcome, hopefully this issue gets resolved for you ASAP.
Message 6 of 6 (474 Views)