Re: Offline Play without logging into origin everytime

by PaNDiee

Original Post

Hero

And it won't let you start the game ? When do you get the message exactly ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 31 (8,086 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I updated origin a few days ago and I had the option to remember my email and password. Today is sunday, I do not work and I cannot play a GAME THAT I BOUGHT because my Internet service provider is with a malfunction!! I came to my mother's house to see if I can find a solution for my problem since origin wont let me log in in offline mode

Message 12 of 31 (7,202 Views)

★★ Novice
That's only on the old update! Before I was able to Login to the sims and it.automatically put me in offline mode but since I updated origin for every session you HAVE to be online first k loving then you can play but ONLY for that session if you turn off your computer or laptop then try to get back on the. You have to go back online just to login and do it all again. It's *
Message 13 of 31 (7,098 Views)

★★ Novice
Actually I have the same problem. I want to play inquisition offline and had previously been logged into origin. Now that I don't have internet service all the games I have cannot be played. This is not the first time I have been done like this by origin.. Games I played for at the store that I have hard copys of are no longer playable so I want to know if there is a way to bypass origin all together
Message 14 of 31 (6,848 Views)

Hero

All newer games are tied to Origin, which is EA's way of verifying if you own the game.

You can't bypass it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 31 (6,843 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

EA_eircon wrote:

As long as you log into Origin once while online and run The Sims 4 to activate it on your laptop, you will be able to log into Origin in Offline Mode anytime after that to play without a network connection.

If you don't want to see the login window every time, just tell Origin to "Remember Me" when you log in!

I was 100% incorrect! I just logged into my account while off-line, I am more than thrilled to be proven wrong, and now I am free to purchase games here much more freely as this is no different than steam!

This does not work with games purchased with origin, so this info is 100% false as I have to log in every single time! 

Message 16 of 31 (6,674 Views)

★★ Novice

@eaeircon wrote:

As long as you log into Origin once while online and run The Sims 4 to activate it on your laptop, you will be able to log into Origin in Offline Mode anytime after that to play without a network connection.

If you don't want to see the login window every time, just tell Origin to "Remember Me" when you log in!

Hey, this doesn't work at all.

I always have "remember me" selected, and I still need to sign in when my laptop's not connected to the internet (which I can't, because of the whole "no internet" thing). It's the same even if I set my origin to offline mode last time I had an internet connection.

Keeping Origin open doesn't work either since it automatically closes itself when I lose wifi connection. I can't play any of my games, even single player ones because I need an internet connection to start, even in offline mode.

Message 17 of 31 (6,562 Views)

@RhubarbSundae

@RhubarbSundae wrote:

Hey, this doesn't work at all.

I always have "remember me" selected, and I still need to sign in when my laptop's not connected to the internet (which I can't, because of the whole "no internet" thing).

It is normal that you have to logon to Origin even in offline mode. So what should happen in offline mode is that Origin prompts you for your credentials and after you entered them correctly it should start offline and let you play your games.

It that don't works on your system:

• Close Origin completely.
  • Disable your internet connection. (pull the plug or disable the adapter in the Windows device manager.)
  • Start Origin > logon  > test.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 18 of 31 (6,542 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yah, same problem here. I'm a truck driver and take my laptop on the road with no internet. The drm internet handshake is a big enough problem for me to say screw it and abandon Origin all together. Luckily, most of my games were bought through Steam, GOG.com , and Humblebundle, which are all DRM free- no internet needed after buying the game, the way it should be.

If we would all come together and say, "Nope, not buying it. I'll get it somewhere else," then these corporations like EA would have to stop this nonsense. This includes $50/yr for Xbox Live, PSN, etc. They don't REALLY have to do things this way- they're only doing it because we let them get away with it.

Message 19 of 31 (6,186 Views)

@Lumis75

First, Steam games are not DRM free.

Second, the the Origin activation process works almost exactly like the Steam activation process.

You must be online at the first time you start the game or after you installed a new DLC to the game.

After that you can play almost all (including the SIMS 4) Origin games offline.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 20 of 31 (6,155 Views)