Re: Offline Play without logging into origin everytime

by hippienut

Original Post

Offline Play without logging into origin everytime

★★★ Newbie

I would like to play offline completely. So if I am sitting in the backseat, I can pop open my laptop and play without getting a window to login to Origin.

Message 1 of 31 (114,132 Views)

EA app Team

As long as you log into Origin once while online and run The Sims 4 to activate it on your laptop, you will be able to log into Origin in Offline Mode anytime after that to play without a network connection.

If you don't want to see the login window every time, just tell Origin to "Remember Me" when you log in!

Message 2 of 31 (113,801 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having this same problem. I can't log into origin because I don't have Internet access. But it worked when I had access to the Internet. Any way to bypass origin??
Message 3 of 31 (113,786 Views)

Hero

What happens if you try to login ? It should put you in offline mode automatically.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 31 (113,769 Views)

★★★ Newbie

would like to play offline completely too

Message 5 of 31 (113,736 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

You actually can't there I don't believe there is any other way to start the Sims 4 without having a connection. Now what I mean is just to start the game a login to Origin is needed after you are in the game however you are able to log off and close origin and play without it in the background.

Message 6 of 31 (113,730 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

First time you play The Sims 4 you will need Internet as that activates the game, after that you can play offline all you want.

Now, after having started the game with internet once, to play offline on a computer with no internet, you can just start Origin (which works as the launcher) or click the shortcut on your desktop which will start Origin and then the game for you, this will make Origin run in offlinemode in the background and you can play the game.

If your computer are connected to the internet and you would like to be offline anyways you can shift Origin into offline mode like this (notice the "go offline"):

offline.jpg

In Origin's settings you can also disable automatic patching of games and more.

carbonic signature

Message 7 of 31 (113,726 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Well im with no internet conection and it keeps sayin that it cant conect with the server im on my mobile fone
Message 8 of 31 (107,241 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@sandhokan wrote:
Well im with no internet conection and it keeps sayin that it cant conect with the server im on my mobile fone

I forgot I had my network adapter disabled for a while and was greeted with the server not reachable message so I was worried about whenever I move or isp outages and what not and decided to google this. it seems from something I read elsewhere that someone opened origin with admin priviledges (right click it's start menu shortcut or the process itself in the origin folder and choose 'compatibility- run as admin') and after that when they chose offline mode it would remember their login details when opening it offline as steam does. You also need to check 'remember me' on the launcher while logging in with  internet once and admin rights to be safe.

I just tested this, with 'remember me' checked and then going into offline mode and disabling my network adaptor after exiting origin. the launcher you'll need to recheck 'remember me' and punch your password in again, but the unreachable message can be misleading since after using your password and rechecking 'remember me' you will be logged into offline mode. and you will be able to see your games. I did not attempt to run a game, but I'm going to assume they'd run. it's a little misleading on the launcher since i'm used to steam's auto login offline mode, but it does work if you use your password and had 'remember me' checked in a previous online login.

Message 9 of 31 (106,467 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried to do that to and when I shut down my Internet I get the Orgin saying not connect to internet

Message 10 of 31 (100,162 Views)