Not receiving verification code

by svckscompleteea

Original Post

Not receiving verification code

★★★ Newbie

EA's login process is seriously broken (for some users).

First bug. Go to help.ea.com. Click login. Choose login using facebook. - you should get an error saying that facebook app is in development mode. Sort it out. Standard smile

But my issue is:

When I attempt to sign in using Origin, I sign in using my email address and password (not this account), and it tells me that they've sent me a verification code, but that verification code is never sent.

EA is able to send a verification code to a secondary account, no worries.

No emails are in spam.

I have no other authentication mechanisms on that account (mobile, authenticator, social auth etc...)

Chat support are extremely hopeless. And apparently, adding a dot to my email address (to see if that allows me to log in) requires the following:

-----

I would be needing your few details,

1.IP address

2.Date of birth (provided during account creation)

3.One purchase on account and purchase date (month/year)

4.Last 4 digits of credit card

5.Billing address

6.Phone number

-----

Please fix your broken system.

Message 1 of 15 (1,093 Views)

Re: Not receiving verification code

Community Manager

Sorry to say @svckscompleteea but if you are unable to verify your account ownership then there is nothing that we can do to change this on AHQ.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 15 (1,080 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did verify my account ownership...

But system still broken.

Changed email address, but EA still is unable to send verification emails, so I can't add a phone number, authenticator or any other option.

So broken.

Message 3 of 15 (1,078 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @svckscompleteea if you are not getting the codes then this would point to a system or network error resulting in them being blocked or filtered. I tested this just now across a number of accounts and received the code on each one.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 15 (1,076 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That's the thing.

I have two accounts. One primary, one secondary (that I've just now created).

They both go to the same gmail account using aliases. So there's not problem receiving email.

But EA is unable to send emails to the primary account. The helpdesk person could. Any other system can... it's just EA's broken auth system that can't. (And a lot of people have this same issue based on some simple google searching, so it's not isolated. There are examples in this forum as well)

However, I was able to sign up to EA with a secondary account and EA has no problem sending emails to that email address. (which is the same gmail inbox, just using an alias)

So it may be a system or network error, but it's definitely something EA's side that is causing the issue.

The helpdesk 'resolution' of changing the email address hasn't worked. It's probably some sort of config on that account?

Message 5 of 15 (1,066 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @svckscompleteea if you are receiving them on another EA account using the same email then this would point to the issue not being with EA but rather your email provider. If the issue was on the EA side then the other EA account would be seeing the same issue.

I'd recommend speaking with your email provider. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 15 (1,061 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

??

Same provider, same email account.

e.g.

let's say it's bob@ and bob+1@ both going to gmail.com

The second one is an alias. All emails end up in the one account. So the only real difference here, is at EA's end.

EA is able to send emails to the second, but not the first. That means there's something misconfigured, or wrong with the first account. I don't know what it is. But it is definitely something at EA's end. It is in theory possible that it's at gmail's end. But highly unlikely.

Message 7 of 15 (1,045 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @svckscompleteea I understand what you were saying, what I am saying is that if you are receiving codes for the second email and not the first then this points to an issue with your email account or provider, I'd recommend speaking with them.

Have you tried adding a phone number to get codes that way?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 15 (1,042 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OMG... you're not even reading this are you?

They're one and the same account. IT IS NOT AN ISSUE AT GMAIL. I promise!

It is very much an issue with EA.

And I can't add a phone number. Why? Because EA never sends the verification code email.

I can't add authenticator. Why? Because EA never sends the verification code email.

I can't reset the password. Why? Because EA never sends the reset password link.

If that email account can receive emails from all other services, and that EA account is the ONLY things that isn't working, why would you assume it's still the email provider. It's not. That's not how you do half-splitting when diagnosing faults.

The only variable in this equation is EA. Somehow, it's decided to never send emails to that account? Or they're dropping somehow?

It's definitely something account/config related at EA's end.

Message 9 of 15 (1,035 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @svckscompleteea when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

As I said above, I understand the issue and what you did. The login verification emails are automated, if you are not receiving them and our live support team has advised you that there is nothing more that they can do then you will need to speak with your email provider.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 15 (1,025 Views)