Re: Not an Administrator on my own Computer?

by Cantiras

Original Post

Not an Administrator on my own Computer?

★★★ Newbie

I've had Medal of Honor 2010 for a few years now, never played it because I did a personal boycott against EA. I'm coming back, just installed the game, went to play it and I receive a message saying that my version is 75 and I need 76 in order to play. I click "yes" update my game and then I get an error stating that: You are not an administrator. Log in as an administrator to update.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I'm currently uninstalling and then reinstalling to see if this fixes the issue but I feel that I will be done with EA Games forever.

Message 1 of 3 (610 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @RedishPink_v1 have you been able to check your Windows account to ensure that you have full admin privileges?

If you do have them then your account may have been corrupted at some point so it is best to run System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Let us know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (557 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@RedishPink_v1 @EA_Darko I encountered this with Medal of Honor (2010). To resolve this I changed the singleplayer and multiplayer updater binaries to run with administrator privileges.

1. Navigate to Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Medal of Honor\Binaries\ in Windows' File Explorer.
  2. Right-click MoHUpdater.exe, and select "Properties" from the context menu.
  3. In the Properties window, go to the Compatibility tab.
  4. On the Compatibility tab, verify that the "Run this program as an administrator" box is ticked; if it isn't, tick it. Alternatively, you can select the "Change settings for all users" button, then tick the "Run this program as an administrator" box in that window.
  5. Once the box has been ticked, you can select the OK button to close the Properties window.
  6. Navigate to Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Medal of Honor\MP in Windows' File Explorer.
  7. Right-click mohmpupdater.exe, and select "Properties" from the context menu.
  8. In the Properties window, go to the Compatibility tab.
  9. On the Compatibility tab, verify that the "Run this program as an administrator" box is ticked; if it isn't, tick it. Alternatively, you can select the "Change settings for all users" button, then tick the "Run this program as an administrator" box in that window.
  10. Once the box has been ticked, you can select the OK button to close the Properties window. Close File Explorer as well.
  11. Launch Medal of Honor again and it should successfully update this time.
Message 3 of 3 (534 Views)