No voice chat while game is open

by PlayinWithFire

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No voice chat while game is open

★ Novice

A friend and I purchased Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour (the package of 17 games via Origin) a while back. When we open the game, any chat program running (Steam, Discord, etc.) does not work. If you go to desktop you can talk and hear, but go back to the game and nothing. I know voice chat never had that issue before as we played for many years and used voice chat programs (Discord, Steam, etc.). That was while we were using the older single game version of C&C Generals Zero Hour. Why does this 17 game pack shut off communications when the game is active? Voice still works with Origin open, just not with the game active. Anyone else have this issue, or know how to solve it? I really can't believe this product would do that so I am hopeful there is a fix. Otherwise both of us wasted money to buy games we already owned and used to work, but now don't.

Message 1 of 2 (1,298 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No voice chat while game is open

Community Manager

Hey @PlayinWithFire when playing older titles such as this you can run into odd issues such as you are experiencing. 

The best thing to try is to ensure that you are running all programs as Administraopt to see if it makes a difference. 

It may also be a case that you are not able to run Discord or others when playing C&C: Generals.

I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,249 Views)

All Replies

Re: No voice chat while game is open

Community Manager

Hey @PlayinWithFire when playing older titles such as this you can run into odd issues such as you are experiencing. 

The best thing to try is to ensure that you are running all programs as Administraopt to see if it makes a difference. 

It may also be a case that you are not able to run Discord or others when playing C&C: Generals.

I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (1,250 Views)