No Disk Found Error

by jxhnwick

Original Post

No Disk Found Error

★★★ Newbie

So, this problem started about an 1 hour or so ago (around 3 pm EST). Which I'm sure is when the update dropped. Anyways, I assume my Origin was updating or something, but when I was not using it, it popped up the No Disk Error. The full message was "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR1. This has never happened before and I am having no other such issues with other launchers such as Steam, Discord, Uplay, etc. 

It only happens when I uninstalled/reinstalled the launcher, when I open it up to login, and that's about it. If I click continue instead of try again or cancel, it acts normal like nothing ever happened. At this point, it's getting annoying and at worse, it could maybe(?) mean that my hard drive is dying but it's unlikely, I got this one very very recently. Anyone else with this issue, how to fix it, or if i should just wait it out? Right now I'm just so annoyed I've uninstalled the launcher and my two games I had on it, which was Apex and Sims. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (444 Views)

Re: No Disk Found Error

@jxhnwick  Someone else had the same issue a couple of days ago.  Maybe the suggestions linked in this post by EA_Blueberry will help?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Origin-spams-me-with-error-messages/m-p/8046096#M3185...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (420 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I wish I could do that stuff but I have only one drive (CStandard smile 

Message 3 of 4 (405 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@jxhnwick Me too! The new update is bugged. I rolled back to a previous version of Origin, and the popup is gone.

Message 4 of 4 (375 Views)