Re: New web sign in?

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New web sign in?

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi guys, just got an email from [edit: email address removed] saying someone logged into my account from ES? Spain?

Tue Jul 02 18:00:11 GMT 2019
ES
WEB

Don't recognize this activity? 
If you suspect this is an unauthorized access, please Reset Your Password.

Why are we sending this? We take security very seriously and we want to keep you in the loop on important actions in your account.

We were unable to determine whether you have used this browser or device with your account before. This can happen when you sign in for the first time on a new computer, phone or browser, when you use your browser's incognito or private browsing mode or clear your cookies, or when somebody else is accessing your account.

It's weird because I don't use this password for any other account other than origin, could this be a glitch in the system? I of course changed the password and activated 2 step authentication.

Anyone else got an email like this? Where can I contact EA support directly? There was also no remembered devices in my settings as well.

Message 1 of 14 (22,390 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

The best thing to do @evilmanQuake and @Chapon2 is speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 14 (22,336 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I got the same and someone actually logged to my account from China and bought something for FIFA 19 for 0 HKD. I have activated an email verification and he tried twice more but with no success. Logically as he can not access my email to get the code. Check your Order history.

I read that there was some leak of accounts due to an error in Origin. Anyway as I have only two games there and no payment method associated with the account so it was not such a big issue for me.

I recommend you to activate email verification as well and/or change the password.

Message 2 of 14 (22,354 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Jesus Christ how many freaking leaks will there happen? I [Removed by CM] that epic games leak happened and had to change all of my passwords, thank god I only played Apex on origin, I swear this is getting ridiculous, now I have to change my pass on all of my accounts again as this was leaked and of course these * will try to login into my other accounts using my email, though I do have 2 step auth. activated everywhere now.

And yes I activated the email verification and changed the pass, thanks for you answer!

Message 3 of 14 (22,350 Views)

Community Manager

The best thing to do @evilmanQuake and @Chapon2 is speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 14 (22,337 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is a leak on their end. Just got 2 "new login" emails.... one for my son's account and one for mine, 2 days apart. Sorry, principal software engineer here. Our boxes were not compromised. We're all good on our end.

Definitely use MFA. But they should own up to this.

Message 5 of 14 (11,458 Views)

★ Novice

People keep logging on to my account from different countries and I keep getting the mail the original poster got as well. I also have MFA, how the hell can they log on without acces to my MFA app?

Message 6 of 14 (11,237 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
  1. This happened to me yesterday . I have over 20 years exp in computer programming and software development . This is not a error on my end . What the heck is going on here EA. 
Message 7 of 14 (11,173 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Just happend to me a little bit ago and I have 2 step authentication enabled. How would this be possible to happen?

Message 8 of 14 (10,544 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've had 2 Factor Authentication turned on for a long time, yet somehow I am still getting e-mails almost every day of people successfully logging into my account from WEB in countries I've never been to and don't know anyone in. My account doesn't show any purchases made that weren't from me or any other device listed other than my pc. It doesn't matter if I change my password either. What is going on EA, we deserve to know.

Message 9 of 14 (8,880 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I wonder the same thing, if i have 2 factor auth, why am i receiving mails about successful logins?

Message 10 of 14 (8,851 Views)