New PC - Origin won't recognize I've already installed BF4 on my second hard drive?

by theswish2000

Original Post

Re: New PC - Origin won't recognize I've already installed BF4 on my second hard

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

thanks aleks1609 (previous comment before mine), finally the only real solution which works just as steam's file checking

the pause unpause way is just not worth it for people with slow hdds

the Download button way is just not working for people which free disk space is lower than the game's size

the reload game library way does nothing

but yours works. Standard smile

Message 31 of 36 (1,820 Views)

Re: New PC - Origin won't recognize I've already installed BF4 on my second hard

★ Novice

To fix it you can just click the settings cog and click locate game. From there just find the file of the game you want and let it verify the files.

Message 32 of 36 (1,795 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

30GB done of game and 30GB want download waht that?????????

Message 33 of 36 (1,674 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@theswish2000 so ll I have to download again even tho I have the game already installed on the PC?
Message 34 of 36 (1,192 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Another simple solution is:

• Launch Origins
  • View your Library
  • Right click on any game which has that little download arrow icon on it
  • A drop down menu will appear, select "Locate Game"
  • Then navigate to and select the folder its installed in (although it should just auto-nav straight to it, it did for me)
  • Let it verify the game files and boom, done.
Message 35 of 36 (1,100 Views)

★ Novice

if i do locate game then it just crashes origin on a loop

Message 36 of 36 (999 Views)