New PC - Origin won't recognize I've already installed BF4 on my second hard drive?

by theswish2000

Original Post

Re: New PC - Origin won't recognize I've already installed BF4 on my second hard

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

for some reason this took about six tries, pretty rough with 65 gigs lol. Thanks for the solution I almost gave up! Oddly the first five times it would only find a portion of the game skip to about 39% and then start downloading which is huge nono with my tiny comcast data cap. Id have to say the only thing i hate more than the origin client is comcast maybe they should team up to create the ultimate evil.

Message 11 of 36 (9,253 Views)

Re: New PC - Origin won't recognize I've already installed BF4 on my second hard

★★ Novice

what had happened to me is that i had moved my "BF4" folder from my ssd to my game drive. thus creating this problem (because Origin [for some reason] decided to download BF4 onto my SSD) I solved it by simply double checking that my Origin games where in fact going to my Game Drive and not my SSD and reinstalling the game. It noticed that all the content etc was there so it just finished and said i was ready to play not 2 minutes later. HOPE THIS HELPS Standard smile

Message 12 of 36 (9,217 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That doesn't work dude... 

Message 13 of 36 (9,062 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I know this is old but hopefully this will help. By now it'll be the new origin client.

Top left, click Origin

Application Settings

Installs & Saves

"On your computer"- Click change folder and navigate to where your game folder is.

On the very top, click "Games"- Reload library

Then go your game library in Origin and click BF4 (or whatever game you're playing) and it'll say "download" but give it a moment and it'll say "preparing". Give it some time and it'll eventually give you the prompts to install. Should only take a couple minutes. 

Unfortunately, if you have any DLC, it may have to redownload. Not sure why or where these are saved. I have awesome internet and even at 20MB/s download speed, it still took 5 minutes for only 4 gigs so I feel for you if you have a bunch of DLC and slower net speeds.

Hope this helps! Good luck! 

Message 14 of 36 (8,179 Views)

★★★ Novice

Again, steam wins the match

Message 15 of 36 (8,130 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sadly it did not help.

I have to redownload and reinstall the whole game.

Nice client EA.

Message 16 of 36 (8,095 Views)

★ Novice

I'm bumping this thread because origin is a load of horse s**t! This problem still hasn't been addressed. However, moving the game, starting the download, and pause/exit/move gamefiles back still works.

Thanks EA for your nice user friendly interface and client. NOT!!

I won't be buying any new battlefield or anything else from EA. I hate the pay-to-play and pay-to-win system.

Message 17 of 36 (7,880 Views)

★ Novice

My BF4 worked fine until the game requires an update so when i updated game now Origin won't launch the game,what should i do?

Message 18 of 36 (7,718 Views)

★★ Novice

origin has changed i cannot find those settings anymore

how can i find the game? it takes me over 4 hours to copy the entire bf4 files from a folder to another and over a week to download the game again.

please help me

Message 19 of 36 (7,640 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did what pooh said and it worked halfway, but after the 50% mark it slowed down and started downloading regularly.

Message 20 of 36 (7,353 Views)