Re: New Laptop

by eureeka79

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New Laptop

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

I am getting rid of my old laptop because it doesn't work anymore and ai just bought a new one.  How do I transfer my games onto my new laptop? It is the sims 4 and I have almost every game. 

Thank You!

Message 1 of 4 (510 Views)

Accepted Solution

@carolynnkozel  You just need to login to your Origin account, open My Game Library, and click on the Sims 4 icon.  You'll see the option to download the base game, and the packs may automatically download as well.  If they don't, you can start them manually by opening More > Expansion Packs (or Game Packs, or Stuff Packs) and then clicking on the Download buttons for each pack.

To transfer your existing saves to your new computer, you'd need access to your old one.  The TS4 game folder is stored in Documents\Electronic Arts, and you'd need the Saves (your saves) and Tray (your created sims and builds) folders inside, as well as Mods if you wanted to bring them over too.  If you can't access the data on your old laptop, and you never manually backed up your data to cloud storage or an external drive, then there's no way to recover it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (501 Views)

All Replies

@carolynnkozel  You just need to login to your Origin account, open My Game Library, and click on the Sims 4 icon.  You'll see the option to download the base game, and the packs may automatically download as well.  If they don't, you can start them manually by opening More > Expansion Packs (or Game Packs, or Stuff Packs) and then clicking on the Download buttons for each pack.

To transfer your existing saves to your new computer, you'd need access to your old one.  The TS4 game folder is stored in Documents\Electronic Arts, and you'd need the Saves (your saves) and Tray (your created sims and builds) folders inside, as well as Mods if you wanted to bring them over too.  If you can't access the data on your old laptop, and you never manually backed up your data to cloud storage or an external drive, then there's no way to recover it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (502 Views)

★★★ Newbie

honestly it shouldn't have erased. usually these things stay within your account and if you are worried about losing your games whatever that was installed should be there. that's how it worked for me.

Message 3 of 4 (494 Views)

★★ Novice

i have the same issue - i got a new laptop so i took my old information and transferred it to new laptop via jump drive and yet nothing is here on the new laptop.  i followed all the instructions i found in the forums, but nothing worked.  any other suggestions?

Message 4 of 4 (415 Views)