New Account - Fresh Start?

by Primethion

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New Account - Fresh Start?

★★★ Novice

Hello there

My old account was King-Sim-U-Lot. I was talking with Darko about how I brought games from third party sites like CDKeys and G2A. Feeling very guilty and anxious about it, I decided to start a fresh origin account hence I'm now Primethion.

Now that I've started a fresh account, if I buy all my packs through Origin, will I be safe? Say, for example, my old account, King-Sim-U-Lot, had games removed and got banned for buying games from a third party site, would my new account also be banned or would the ban be only to the account that brought games from the third party site aka King-Sim-U-Lot?

Cheers.

Message 1 of 3 (312 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New Account - Fresh Start?

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hi @Primethion

I don’t think you can get account banned for buying keys from a third party website, but if they’re not an official reseller then you can run into a few problems.

If you buy a key and redeem it you will get the game, but if that key was picked up illegally by the seller then there is a chance that key can be revoked, meaning you will lose that game from your account.
Usually keys are revoked in batches so if your key is part of that batch then you lose your game and that third party website won’t refund or protect you.

On top of that, if you’re buying from a non legit third party then you could be funding people who are actually buying batches of keys with stolen credit cards or some form of fraudulent money etc, which some people might not care about until it’s their own money being stolen.

But both accounts will be safe and only your games on your old account could be at risk.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (292 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hi @Primethion

I don’t think you can get account banned for buying keys from a third party website, but if they’re not an official reseller then you can run into a few problems.

If you buy a key and redeem it you will get the game, but if that key was picked up illegally by the seller then there is a chance that key can be revoked, meaning you will lose that game from your account.
Usually keys are revoked in batches so if your key is part of that batch then you lose your game and that third party website won’t refund or protect you.

On top of that, if you’re buying from a non legit third party then you could be funding people who are actually buying batches of keys with stolen credit cards or some form of fraudulent money etc, which some people might not care about until it’s their own money being stolen.

But both accounts will be safe and only your games on your old account could be at risk.

Message 2 of 3 (293 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Primethion, there's no need to start a new account.

If a game is removed from your account then it is unlikely that your account will be banned.

If a game is removed due to an issue with the third party site from which it was purchased then you would be able to simply purchase the game again from Origin.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (273 Views)