Re: Network Speed 0 B/sec

by yahel_1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Network Speed 0 B/sec

★★★ Novice

Hi I'm new to Origin and I just purchased The Sims 4 last night and was able to download/install it smoothly on my sister's macbook. Today I'm trying to download it on mine and it downloads for awhile then gets stuck. It's currently stuck at 13% and the network speed dropped to 0. I uninstalled Origin and restarted my computer many times. I checked my network speed and settings they seem to be fine. I don't know what the issue is.

Message 1 of 22 (79,343 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

The first step, checked in Origin/Application Settings/Advanced/Safe Mod Downloading-checked Enable Safe Mod Downloading and do not forget make sure you are the administrator, run the setup file Origin with Admin rights and restart Origin.

Retired champion.

View in thread

Message 3 of 22 (83,511 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

im having this problem now with the the EP get to work, its annoying having to pause it then restart every minute

Message 2 of 22 (79,218 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

The first step, checked in Origin/Application Settings/Advanced/Safe Mod Downloading-checked Enable Safe Mod Downloading and do not forget make sure you are the administrator, run the setup file Origin with Admin rights and restart Origin.

Retired champion.
Message 3 of 22 (83,512 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This worked for me 3 failed attempts at trying to download Battlefront paused half way through adjusted settings as above all fine.

Thank you Standard smile

Message 4 of 22 (78,346 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But HOW!!!! Do you do that!!!! I don't know how to do that *! That admin *... please help!!!!

Message 5 of 22 (78,327 Views)

★★★ Newbie

- Exit Origin

- Run it again as Administrator

- Origin button on the upper left >> application settings >> advanced >> scroll down to where it says safe mode download it and make sure it's checked

- restart origin and the download should continue

Message 6 of 22 (78,307 Views)

★ Novice

right click on origin icon > compatibly > checked the run as administrator

@XaBlackNinjaZ wrote:

But HOW!!!! Do you do that!!!! I don't know how to do that *! That admin *... please help!!!!

box  

Message 7 of 22 (77,574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It is finally downloading. However the speed is much slower now. Is it normal? But at least it is downloading. From normally 1.5Mb / sec to around 450Kb/sec.

Message 8 of 22 (76,408 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey thank you so much for posting this, but I suck at computers. I was with you up until the point where I enable safe mod settings. I checked it but I wasn't sure what you meant after that. I just checked it and restarted origin. I'll let you know if I have any further problems.

Message 9 of 22 (76,108 Views)

Community Manager

@angelcity7 Hi,

Were you able to get your download working?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 10 of 22 (76,065 Views)