Re: Need to switch origin to new steam account

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need to switch origin to new steam account

★ Novice

I connected my ea/origin account to the wrong steam account, but ea says only one ea account per steam account. Why does it matter? I need to switch my ea account to my new steam account. There's literally no way to contact customer service either through phone or through messaging. It's like they don't want to deal with their customer base. I was able to disconnect my ea account from the previous steam account but I need to connect it to my new steam account. Please help.

Message 1 of 3 (391 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @JediPilot1987 you can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (349 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

It's been quite a while since I last called any company's support via phone if they weren't a local company. You'll have to do like I did to get someone on the phone to change my Username and click this:

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

On that page, type in "Origin" in the text field and click the middle button which should be the Origin app logo, then click "PC" for your platform; unless you're a heretic and play on mac, then click "Manage my account", then click "Manage account details", and finally click "Select contact option" which will take you to a new page.

On this new page will be various ways to get help, both via chat and having a support representative call you. Just keep in mind that the support center's business hours are 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. UTC, Monday - Saturday.

Message 2 of 3 (364 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @JediPilot1987 you can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (350 Views)