Re: Need to Repeatedly Reinstall Origin

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need to Repeatedly Reinstall Origin

★★★ Newbie

Every time I restart origin (on restarting PC or just to test) I need to reinstall it. The only origin game I play is Apex, and every time I want to open Apex, i have to reinstall origin. I know it isnt an issue with apex because once I reinstall Origin, Apex runs fine. It gives me a message saying origin is out of date, but when I hit update nothing happens. Also, when I install Origin it says its installing the latest version. everything works fine until origin gets restarted.

Message 1 of 6 (350 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @the_votato if  you think that the issue could be related to Easy Anti_Cheat then please try the steps in this help thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Easy-Anti-Cheat-troubleshooting-steps/td-p/7437695

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (265 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

That's a  bit of an odd one @the_votato @and not one that I have really seen before.

Do you have anything running on your system that optimises space when you are running out of HDD space as that can result in programs being uninstalled?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (332 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have CCleaner, but I don't run it regularly or automatically.

Message 3 of 6 (323 Views)

★★★ Newbie

also, to provide a few more details, the anti-cheat loading screen/game launcher does pop up when I hit play, but the bar goes to 100%, then it sits there for a while, then it closes, but Apex never launches.

Message 4 of 6 (322 Views)

★★★ Newbie

bump

Message 5 of 6 (294 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @the_votato if  you think that the issue could be related to Easy Anti_Cheat then please try the steps in this help thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Easy-Anti-Cheat-troubleshooting-steps/td-p/7437695

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (266 Views)