Re: NFS Heat party chat issues (can't hear partymates)

by fredde693

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
@channon1025 Exactly! It was just working for me and my friends a couple days ago and now it was magically never supported? Thats BS!
Message 11 of 22 (3,765 Views)

★★ Novice

Why is this NFS cross platform if I can’t even hear people on other platforms?? I bought this game solely because I want play with friends on other platforms but they can’t even hear me... how do I get a refund?

Message 12 of 22 (3,462 Views)

★ Novice

my friend can hear me from pc and hes on ps4, but i cant hear him from the ps4 to pc, the game shows that hes talking but nothing go trough

Message 13 of 22 (3,426 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@MrTonyStarkey Need help in on PS4 pro can hear game but not my freinds
Message 14 of 22 (3,156 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My friend and I have the same problem (he plays on Xbox and me on PS4).

I can hear him but he can’t hear me.

Any help??

Message 15 of 22 (2,053 Views)

★★ Novice
@Rowlowrkb We ran some troubleshooting tonight and it seems to work when the Xbox player is the party leader, hope that helps!
Message 16 of 22 (1,989 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Found the solution. I couldn’t hear my Xbox friend from my pc but he could hear me, mic icon was moving as well and he was able to hear me. All I did was right click the sound icon on bottom right of taskbar and click sounds. Hover over the 4 options I believe it’s communications playback etc and on your default mic right click and set it to enable default communication device. For sound and mic. 

Message 17 of 22 (1,920 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't hear my party and we are on the same platform.

Message 18 of 22 (1,409 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can’t hear my friend even if he is the party leader we played different games and I can hear him I’m on Ps and he is on xbox

Message 19 of 22 (1,065 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Finally found the fix myself!!! This goes for NFS Heat and Unbound etc etc...

The problem is Playback is set to your headset AND your controller "pc users"... 

Go to your Start, type Sound Control Panel, you'll then see your headset with a green check mark set as default. Scroll down and you'll also see your headset earphone wireless controller is checked, uncheck this one. Fixed mine for good. 

Message 20 of 22 (933 Views)