My game data will not transfer across platforms on the same account.

by H20Physic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My game data will not transfer across platforms on the same account.

★★★★★ Newbie

I recently got into the game Apex legends on origin. I linked my account a long time ago with my xbox gamertag, but my game data will not transfer from my pc to my xbox. EX: My name in game and skins do not match what is on my pc. How do I fix this, is this a Apex problem, and does it deal with my EA account not being linked properly.

Message 1 of 7 (5,934 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My game data will not transfer across platforms on the same account.

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @H20Physic 

I'm afraid this is working as intended at this point. The feature, which you're describing, is called cross-play and is not currently supported in Apex Legends. Progression is separated and linked to each platform and cannot be shared between them, even if you're using the same EA account to play on PC and Xbox.

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (5,898 Views)

All Replies

Hey @H20Physic 

I'm afraid this is working as intended at this point. The feature, which you're describing, is called cross-play and is not currently supported in Apex Legends. Progression is separated and linked to each platform and cannot be shared between them, even if you're using the same EA account to play on PC and Xbox.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 7 (5,899 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thank you that is information I could not find. It makes sense though. Do you think that eventually they will add cross-play? Or is this something that is not possible or will not change?
Message 3 of 7 (5,879 Views)

@H20Physic 

While playing with friends on different platforms is something that is currently considered to be added to the game by Respawn, unfortunately things like cross-progression or cross-purchase won't be available in Apex Legends due to the way systems were set up early on.

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 7 (5,864 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dude I had the same problem. I bought a PSN gift card because I dont like paying the extra $4 for a Visa gift card, and I linked my Origin account to my PS4 and I had no skins and I was like WTF?? Then, I realized its not a cross-platform game and that sucks.

Message 5 of 7 (5,671 Views)

★★★ Newbie

there goes a years worth of progress and my ability to use an xbox controller.

Message 6 of 7 (5,431 Views)

★ Novice

Right now CrossPlatform is currently in the beta stage right now but when I try sadly the same thing happens. Maybe when the full release they will have something to fix that.

Message 7 of 7 (4,988 Views)